Players way too "sensitive" now since latest update.

Fellaini had key player as his status. I'd hardly played him so decided to change his status to rotation. Saved the game before doing this and didn't matter how many times I reloaded, he just had a massive hissy fit. Didn't matter how I approached it or which option I chose.

Exactly the same with Draxler in the same save.

And the worst one of all was Vidal. He'd received 18 yellow cards and 8 red cards. For the first 7 red cards I warned him. His 8th red card of the season ( he was basically banned for over 1/2 the season ), I decided to fine him a weeks wages. Again I'd saved the game before doing this because I was becoming increasingly aware of how difficult players can be since the update. Exactly the same as with Fellaini and Draxler. He just wouldn't accept it, no matter what I did.

IMO players are simply unwilling to accept any change in squad status / any fine now. It was Vidals 11th 2/3 match ban of the season. Didn't matter what I say to players who clearly have the wrong squad status or clearly deserve a fine, it always results in the same thing, ie they aren't happy at all how I've dealt with them etc, want to be transfer listed and change to abysmal morale.

Personally I find it completely unrealistic. I've even had this with players who are "Model Professionals", and who are "Level-Headed".

Just had the same thing with Coentrao. He said he'd not had enough 1st team football and wanted to go on loan ( squad status set to rotation ), Evra has played 24 games, Coentrao has played 21....I'd call that rotation, I told him I'm prepared to give him a try in the 1st team but expect him to work hard. Next game I had to play Evra because Coentrao was coming back from injury and he immediately said I'd gone back on my promise and he'd gone public etc.

Really ? It's like the game is deliberately trying to upset a settled squad to make it harder. It's really beginning to P**s me off tbh.

Was this in your first season? If so Fellaini has just signed for the club as a key player so no wonder he would have a tantrum if you dishonoured his contract / agreement so quickly. Especially as you are the new boss with no respect from your squad yet.

Some players do get really stroppy about fines, you just have to hold your ground. Chuck them in the reserves or sell them if they don't ever get over it. I've had players complain and become unhappy about the lack of discipline or whatever for NOT fining players before and just warning them. Made me laugh when that happened :)

I feel that you do have to be careful in this years FM with what you say to players more than previously. One thing that really annoys me is when i put up Sakho's asking price to stop bids from coming in for him, next thing i know he is complaining that it's too high. and his morale drops from Very Good to Abysmal. Was fuming.

I don't see the issue with changing a player's squad status and him being unhappy about it. What else would you expect? How would you feel if you're told you're a key member of the time and then suddenly that changes and you're only a rotation player?

Can't comment on the Vidal situation as I've not had many (or any??) red cards in matches yet.

The Coentrao issue doesn't sound right though, especially as he was injured. I can maybe understand why he initially moaned, because he wasn't a first team regular (he played every 2nd game by the sound of it).

Edit: Players in general do seem more aggressive than in previous FMs though. I've had a few BACKUP players want first team football and when I tell them they are only backup players (as their squad status says too) then they go nuts and demand to move. Wasn't as bad in FM13, but maybe it's more realistic? I'm not sure.

The point with Fellaini was I'd only played him in maybe 20 games in the previous 2 seasons. At the end of the first season I'd signed him to a longer contract and left him as key player. The following season he played maybe 10 times in all competitions and didn't complain once. Same the following season, he played maybe 15 times. This year ( in April now ), he has played 7 games only....hence why I decided to change his squad status to rotation.

At no point in close on 3 seasons has he complained about lack of football or wanted to go on loan. The second I change his squad status ( as recommeneded by 4 of my coaches ), to rotation he suddenly throws his dummy out of the pram. If he was that bothered about it then why hadn't he complained once in close on 3 seasons ? Makes no sense to me.

I know it must be really hard to code for all eventualities, but they are just 4 examples of unrealistic hyper sensitive reactions from players.

The point with Fellaini was I'd only played him in maybe 20 games in the previous 2 seasons. At the end of the first season I'd signed him to a longer contract and left him as key player. The following season he played maybe 10 times in all competitions and didn't complain once. Same the following season, he played maybe 15 times. This year ( in April now ), he has played 7 games only....hence why I decided to change his squad status to rotation.

At no point in close on 3 seasons has he complained about lack of football or wanted to go on loan. The second I change his squad status ( as recommeneded by 4 of my coaches ), to rotation he suddenly throws his dummy out of the pram. If he was that bothered about it then why hadn't he complained once in close on 3 seasons ? Makes no sense to me.

I know it must be really hard to code for all eventualities, but they are just 4 examples of unrealistic hyper sensitive reactions from players.

If anything, what sounds unrealistic was Fellaini being happy with 10-15 games a season despite being a "key player".

I feel that you do have to be careful in this years FM with what you say to players more than previously. One thing that really annoys me is when i put up Sakho's asking price to stop bids from coming in for him, next thing i know he is complaining that it's too high. and his morale drops from Very Good to Abysmal. Was fuming.

I had that as well, which was irritating because I only did that to keep my player from getting irritated with the constant transfer offer rejections.

Archived