- formation

- playing style

- mentality

- roles

- duties

- team instructions

- players instructions

- and finally a name assigned to the tactic

Changing one or more elements of the tactics which are the impacts on familiarity? For example, please consider two extreme cases:

- I change every element of the tactic but I save it with the same name

- I do not chafe anything but I save the tactic with a different name

what happens in these two extreme cases? And in all the others in the middle?

On the other hand I see that Familiarity too is splitter in different elements:

- Formation

- Mentality

- Passing Style

- Creative freedom

- Closing down

- Marking

- Tempo

- Width

How each Familiarity parameter is impacted by changes in Tactic?

I hope someone could help me to understand how Familiarity works

Thank you

In my experience inly formation, fluidiy, strategy, tempo and width definefamiliarity. It sure has nothing to do with the name of your tactic. You can test it all quite easily ingame by changing each possible element in game and see what happens to the fluidity of your tactic.

If you play very wide in your trained tactic and then set to very narrow, your players will have no "width" familiarity at all. If you have a very wide tactic and you set your width (through a combination of team instructions and individual instructions) to a kind of medium width, IE not narrow and not wide, they will have some familiarity but not very good familiarity.

This applies to all the different kinds of "familiarity" - width, tempo, etc.

Essentially, the "further" from your trained tactic you move (in each area), the less familiar they are with it (in that area).

It is possible to train three tactics that encompass a broad array of possibilities and enable acceptable familiarity in most scenarios, but whether that's more or less effective than training one or two really good match plans that suit your team and mostly sticking to them is a matter of preference and philosophy.

It is possible to train three tactics that encompass a broad array of possibilities and enable acceptable familiarity in most scenarios, but whether that's more or less effective than training one or two really good match plans that suit your team and mostly sticking to them is a matter of preference and philosophy.

Do you mean that it makes sense to train 3 tactics based on the same formation with minor changes in some parameters only like width, pressing and tempo?

Which are the parameters impacting on Marking familiarity?

Thanks again

In match preparation training setting other training option instead of tactics, for instance, attacking movements, also contributes to tactic familiarity or its just training tactics that increases the bars ???

Tactics only.

So, if only general training affects attributes and tactics at match preparation training only affects tactic familiarity what does the other options in match preparation training affect ???

Give a very slight boost for the next game only for whatever you selected as the match training.

I this normal? I've got three tactics completely fluid (a 443, 451 and 4231 but that's irrelevant). Now, I decide to experiment for upcoming games, and change one tactic (the 451) to something exotic, a 2-3-2-1-2 I think. After I've created this new tactic I decide to go back to the old 451, so load it form the "manage tactics" in the tactics screen, and all of a sudden it is only 30% fluid. Now, I did not even hot continue in between, just deleted one tactic (saving it first), made a new one, threw it out and loaded the old one back in?

I this normal? I've got three tactics completely fluid (a 443, 451 and 4231 but that's irrelevant). Now, I decide to experiment for upcoming games, and change one tactic (the 451) to something exotic, a 2-3-2-1-2 I think. After I've created this new tactic I decide to go back to the old 451, so load it form the "manage tactics" in the tactics screen, and all of a sudden it is only 30% fluid. Now, I did not even hot continue in between, just deleted one tactic (saving it first), made a new one, threw it out and loaded the old one back in?

You changed a fully learnt tactic for a new one so all familiarity is lost, even if you decide to change back.

So the players have the memory of a gold fish?
I LOLed....it's sad though...... SI and all the experts are advising people to watch matches in full, change & tweak tactics based on what they see on pitch (although it appears a bit silly to make big changes for one match/incident, I'd say N>10 is at least necessary), but players that are able to remember a bad teamtalk for months forget a simple 4-3-3 in an instant. Bring out the ME conspiracy theories :cool:

Archived