Success is Gibraltor

When the game first came out i managed in gibraltor for a couple of years winning the league everytime and getting 2nd/3rd phase of the champion league, had something like £1,500,000 in the bank but the team just wouldnt go semi pro or progress and i just stop that save.

Just wondering how for people have gone with gibraltor?

Midway through my 10th season right now. Went semi-pro after 5 or 6 seasons with approximately 2 million (USD, not GBP) in the bank from winning the league, Rock Cup, and making the 2nd/3rd round in the CL every year. Went professional with just under 4 million after season 9, and my team now has a nice handful of cheap African and Central American prospects.

What worked for me was to stop upgrading my youth and training facilities after level 6 or so and just start amassing money.

Currently in the second season now won the rock cup and league first time round.

Made it to the 2nd phase of the CL.

Got 500k in the bank, not going to bother upgrading traning youth ECT until we become semi pro

gerse how long was it before you could buy players from aboard?

gerse how long was it before you could buy players from aboard?

Only once I went full pro, unfortunately. Incidentally, the board will not allow you to increase your scouting range until that day either (and will automatically expand it to all of Europe on said day).

you got any screenshots?

I can take some. What kind of stuff do you want to see?

---

EDIT: One thing I will strongly suggest doing is upgrading your junior coaching (which increases the average CA of newgens, and, since Gibraltar's youth rating is so low, also increases the average PA by a fair bit) because even fully upgraded it was only costing a few thousand USD a month, and the board is usually very willing to do it. By June of 2018 I had it at level 14 and level 20 by June 2021. I happen to know the exact numbers because I use FMRTE to edit league structure, reputations, and other things on the fly because FM doesn't totally know how to handle leagues and nations so far down the totem pole (prime example: Whenever a team gets relegated out of the Prem, it gets a minimum reputation of 750, which is higher than every club in the country for the first couple years). (This may be a result of some other database changes I made having some unexpected effects instead of being true in all games, im not sure).

Might be worth putting a bug report in. That shouldn't happen due to Political Reasons UEFA has said.

Thought that was decided well after the game was locked? Probably not very high on the list of priorities and wouldn't be sorted til the January transfer update at the earliest anyway.

Archived