Contract Offer Rejected

I am in the top three of a League 1 team nearing the end of the season and I have a regen player who is nearing the end of his contract. He's valued at over 1 million and is rejecting every contract offer that I throw at him. His personality is "strict professional" and he is asking for 1.9K/week, big club release, and a 320K bonus. I can offer 2.1K/week, bcrc, but only a 9K bonus. He rejects it every time (I'm even his favorite person).

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get him to sign a contract before his expires at the end of the season. Will his attitude change if we're promoted? Should I keep him out of a few games (his moral is superb at the moment)? At this point, I'd at least like to make some $ if he leaves!

• SI Staff

His attitude may well change if you're promoted .... it might also alter if he gets nearer to the end of his contact and no other team has made a move to sign him (think of it as he's keeping his options open at present).

Do be aware that unfortunately sometimes a player simply will outgrow a club and want to move on though .... :(

And that's kind of what happened. He kept on his insistence for the 350K bonus even after promotion and his contract was about to expire. I ended up waiting until he was out of contract and then offered him one and he took it, granted w/ the BCRC.

On a fairly unrelated note: I've had a number of young (i.e. under 20) players insisting in their contract negotiations on a manager release clause. Is that a bug?

• SI Staff
On a fairly unrelated note: I've had a number of young (i.e. under 20) players insisting in their contract negotiations on a manager release clause. Is that a bug?

It sounds like it might be - not something I've noticed or had reported before, you don't happen to have a save to hand you could email me? (marc.vaughan@sigames.com).

Sure (once I get to reading the thread on how to do that!). I don't have a save where the player is currently asking for it, but I can point you to at least a couple of players who have that clause. Will that help or should I wait and see if it happens again, save it, and email it?

• SI Staff
Sure (once I get to reading the thread on how to do that!). I don't have a save where the player is currently asking for it, but I can point you to at least a couple of players who have that clause. Will that help or should I wait and see if it happens again, save it, and email it?

If you could email one at the point where they request it that would be perfect (unfortunately 'after the case' won't allow me to reproduce it).

• SI Staff
Just a thought, Marc, but maybe you should add a "Send Save File to Developers" button in the Support section from the Main Menu?

Having just written that, I notice that my Support button is greyed out, why is that?

You're on Android, right? This will be if you have a flaky internet connection most likely.

Archived