A European Adventure

Liverbird93

541px-Europe_orthographic_Caucasus_Urals_boundary.svg.png

After spending a while trying to get into FM14. I think I am ready to start a real long term career game. I will start unemployed as a ex sunday league footballer with no aims in the save but to do what I think would be fun. This gives me the freedom to go wherever I want as the save develops. I have loaded every European league and I will holiday until I get a job I like the look off. Hope to have you onboard.

So it's July and most teams are just preparing to start their seasons but teams in Sweden are in the middle of theirs. Hudiksvalls FF were predicted to top the league in the Swedish Second Division North. However they were down in 11th position and sacked their manager. So I stepped up.

This is the league situation when taking over.

vvc3.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hudiksvalls_FF.jpg

Founded: 2011/1931

Board Target: Avoid Relegation

Media Prediction: 1st

Here is our little stadium called Glysisvallen

38347773.jpg

I've got 8 games to keep us up. Let's do this

July and August 2013 Update-Hudiksvall FF

August_zps8ec55176.png

As you can see a good first win in charge was followed by 3 defeats. That doesn't tell the whole story though as we were very unlucky in those games often conceding very late goals which were a bit of a sucker punch. We then went away to top of the league and mustered a 1-1 draw with both teams ending with 10 men. The next three games decide whether we can stay up. Luckily we have 2 of them against teams below us.

SwedishSecondDivisionNorth_OverviewStages-2_zps56a862b9.png

Out of the relegation zone but not out of danger!

September Update 2013-Hudiksvall FF

september_zpsdc1801fb.png

Division2Norrland_OverviewStages_zpsa0be1fec.png

I honestly don't know what to say. In the first game we were diabolic and 2-1 flattered us. Then we produced an excellent performance to win 4-0 which took us out of the playoff place and relegation zone so we had it in our hands against bottom of the league on the last day. Then we hammer them and fail to score with the game finishing 0-0 and a last minute goal puts us in the playoff on Goal Difference. What makes it even worse is this dubious offside decision in the first half which disallowed my goal. I think it's close but I think it should have stood what do you guys think?

offsidecall_zps0604db6e.png

2013 May and End of Season Update-Hudiksvall FF

After taking over half way through the season the main objective was to stay up anyway possible. Thanks to some poor play and some dodgy decision making we ended up in the relegation playoff. We had the first leg at home so we could hopefully build up a large advantage.

HudiksvallvHF6llviken_OverviewOverview_zpse3c2a08e.png

It should have been more comfortable but it wasn't so the tie wasn't over going back to their place...

HF6llvikenvHudiksvall_OverviewOverview_zpsd9c8b867.png

Incredibly nervy especially after the sending off. We deserved to win and finally justice was done as we stayed up. Now time to build for the future.

Division2Norrland_OverviewStages-2_zps6871e106.png

Squad

Finances

The squad isn't a bad one and really only needs strengthening in goal so with a couple of signings I think I can maybe challenge at the right end of the table next season.

I agree its dodgy call!! But in the end it was okay eh? :) Goodluck in the Division 2 Norrland! Its where I started my career with Ansundjo; although it looks like the AI did better than me! The league there is very close in quality so with some decent signings you should manage promotion!!

Archived