My First XI Scotsmen Under 25

Sean1967

After seeing the Englishmen first XI I've decided to post my Scottish XI and see everyones opinions and views. The squad I've picked is based on value for money, how well the develop and what impact the could make immediately.

Jonathan Henly

Ryan Jack - John Souttar - Mark O'Hara - Joe Chalmers

James Forrest - Tom Cairney - Stuart Armstrong - Ryan Gauld

Stevie May - Tony Watt

I've obviously missed some big names but this is a squad you could build on a budget of about £10m over 1/2 seasons.

The reason I didn't go with Robertson is that I was beat to signing him and he's not really developed in my game so I can't comment. Chalmers took over from Izaguirre at the end of the first season. As for Forrest the first season he had a few injuries but since he's played 35+ a season and managed 15+ goals/assists on average.

This is just from my experience of value for money. I was Celtic so I might be a bit biased as I already had some players.

There are countless players for each position that I mossed out. Half of them are in my squad. The only position I really struggled with was the keeper.

Ahh my mistake then, he's almost always my go to leftback for championship sides at the start of the game.. for some reason I had him as English... which would come across as biased, but i'm welsh and much prefer him to be scottish ;)

Tbf it is quite an English sounding name

This thread has made me wanna take over the national team on my Celtic game. There's a right decent crop of young Scots when you add in players who would cost a bit IE Rhodes, Grimmer, Mcarthur. Just a shame we're a little light at CB AND for a defensive minded midfielder although Bridcutt did the Job on past FMS

Stephen Hendrie?

Kenny Maclean? (one of my favourites)

Lewis Macleod?

Kevin McHattie?

Jordan McGhee?

Not necessarily saying they are better than the ones you chosen, admittedly my knowledge of Scottish youngsters is dependant on FM. However, they'd be people to consider I reckon.

Archived