Soy de San Lorenzo, si señor, que loco soy!

Rikulec

[video=youtube;J9RMPBoTAVE]

I've never been good at opening speeches, so I'll start simple - welcome to my career thread. As you've already read in the title, I'll be managing San Lorenzo in Argentina. I've always wanted to have a save in South America. The thing that made me choose this particular team were the videos of their fans wandering around Youtube. I mean, how can someone not love this passion? I live in Poland and am a fan of Lech Poznań and we have fantastic support too, but South America is a whole different culture.

Anyway, it's time to explain the idea of this career. I'm planning this to be a one-club save with the following aims:

1. Make San Lorenzo the biggest club in Argentina, then South America, then the world.

2. Make South America the true home of football, just like Europe is now. Only without stewards and oil tycoons!

3. Build the team based on Argentinians, mainly promoted through my own system.

And these are the rules I've set myself:

- for every non-Argentinian player from South America I buy, I must also buy two Argentinians in the same transfer window

- for every non-South American player I buy, I must also buy three Argentinians in the same transfer window

- I must promote at least one youngster from the U-20s to the first team every season

Leagues loaded: Argentina (Nacional B and above), Brazil (Serie B and above), England (Premier League), Spain (La Liga), Germany (Bundesliga), Italy (Serie A), France (Ligue 1)

Having acknowledged the league rules in Argentina, I decided for half season and preseason updates, so there will be a few days between each update. I hope this won't cause you to lose interest! After all, if I struggle, I can always seek some additional help...

large-27.jpeg

Que loco soy!

etHPEGz.png

San Lorenzo de Almagro - Club Overwiev

Team Report

YHTaMXu.png

As you can see, the squad is fairly decent overall, with the star man and vice-captain Leandro Romagnoli being the obvious standout player, supported by the only non-Argentinian in our team, Néstor Ortigoza. However, we're seriously lacking a good winger on the left hand side and that's the first position I'm going to need to improve.

General Information | Club Facilities | Affilated Clubs | Club History | Staff| Finances

On the financial side of things it looks pretty healthy, with more money to come in from the season ticket sales. The flip side is that I only have a transfer budget of £31K and £1.76K per week of spare wages. This means I might need to sell someone in order to be able to strenghten the squad.

The board expectation is to achieve a respectable position in both Apertura and Clausura, which means I should be aiming for a top half finish at the very least. They also want me to qualify for Copa Argentina quarter-finals. Given that the competition started in October 2012 and I'm currently in the 7th round thanks to the previous manager, I only need to win one game to achieve this.

What's Next

Pre-season friendlies, transfers and the Copa Argentina game against River Plate.

etHPEGz.png

San Lorenzo de Almagro - Pre-Season 2013/2014

Friendlies

I8liJx9.png

Well, that was fun. The results really resemble the beta days, don't they? We could have scored even more in every one of these games as we managed to dominate the opposition. However, we also did leak too many goals. 15 scored in 4 games is cracking, but conceding 10 is something I worry about and I'll be trying to make my tactic much more defensively solid before the league starts.

Copa Argentina

lkFF48T.png

And yes, we did it! Although I did immediately regret not paying attention to friendly dates, most of my players were knackered after La Equidad game. I also learned that some of them are ineligible for the cup (well, I still have no idea why). Combined with Ortigoza's injury in the friendly, these were the reasons why I had to play a really weakened side against our fierce rivals. I wasn't even able to call up seven substitutes - one seat on the bench was empty. Romagnoli and Mercier couldn't play in the first team due to tiredness.

We started defensively, hoping to snatch the win by countering the opposition. Ten minutes into the game we had our first opportunity, but Contreras, a 17-year-old striker blazed the ball over the bar from 20 yards out. Five minutes later Kalinski brought down Ariel Rojas in our penalty box, and the winger took the penalty himself, calmly placing the ball in his bottom left corner. Around the 30th minute mark our reserve left back, German Voboril picked up a knock and I decided to replace him with Walter Kannemann, who couldn't start the game due to his condition. And boy, what a sub it was! Five minutes before the break Kannemann played a cross from deep and found Hector Villalba in the box. The 19-year-old rounded the keeper with his first touch and put the ball in the back of the net. At half-time I could finally bring Romagnoli on and switch to a more attacking tactic. This move paid off immediately. After a throw-in Villalba crossed the ball into the box and found Kannemann. The defender smashed the bar with his volley, but Alan Ruiz picked up the loose ball and scored on the rebound. We got the third goal after Romagnoli played a fantastic through ball to the feet of Contreras, sending him one on one against River's goalkeeper. The young striker scored with a placed shot. Our rivals scored in stoppage time through Jonathan Bottinelli, a central defender who spent ten years at San Lorenzo prior to his move to River. My heart raced when we lost the ball straight from the kick-off and they had an opportunity to equalise, but Kannemann was right where he should have been and scrambled it to safety. Seconds later I could finally celebrate getting through to the quarter finals. It's also remarkable that our goalscorers were 19, 19 and 17 years old respectively.

Team News

Transfers

tfUNvPv.png

Despite of what I said in the previous update, I didn't actually need to buy a winger after I decided to use a right-footed inside forward instead. This decision resulted in a quiet transfer window from us. Angel Correa looked like a cracking prospect, but when Barcelona had his eyes on him, I couldn't really refuse their kind offer which also included a 20% sell-on fee. Veron and Piatti I simply found not good enough for my team. I also promoted Hector Villalba from the reserves to the first team.

What's Next

Apart from the Apertura, we'll also participate in Copa Argentina where we'll face Godoy Cruz. We'll also enter Copa Sudamericana in the Second Preliminary Round. Our opposition will be Velez, a fellow Argentinian side.

Thanks. I needed such a save because I was simply bored with Europe, so I decided to join SRL in Argentina. :p

That's why I tend to stay away from the major leagues in Europe - I have far more fun in Ukraine, Poland, Norway etc than England or Spain. Having said that, my favourite league is Italy, but since I'm playing 13 I'm still wary of that tax bug.

Anyway, will be following. :thup:

That's why I tend to stay away from the major leagues in Europe - I have far more fun in Ukraine, Poland, Norway etc than England or Spain. Having said that, my favourite league is Italy, but since I'm playing 13 I'm still wary of that tax bug.

Anyway, will be following. :thup:

Cheers. :thup:

Archived