PSG huge transfer budget for season 2

PSG are owned by QSI (Qatar Sports Investment IIRC), basically they have a bottomless pit of money from Qatar to call upon should they require it. To get around FFP rules they basically signed a "decoy" sponsorship with a company affiliated with QSI to earn "sponsorship money" of nearly 300m euros per season. That probably explains why they have a massive transfer budget.

PSG are owned by QSI (Qatar Sports Investment IIRC), basically they have a bottomless pit of money from Qatar to call upon should they require it. To get around FFP rules they basically signed a "decoy" sponsorship with a company affiliated with QSI to earn "sponsorship money" of nearly 300m euros per season. That probably explains why they have a massive transfer budget.

I thought FIFA kicked up a stink about Man City's idea of self stadium sponsorship, so how can they do this. Or at the end of the day did they just make a donation to FIFA? Seems a tycoon can still come in and spend big, if he/she can externally 'sponsor' their own team then.

And onto the op, you won 5 trophies so I'm sure they'll want you to win them all again. In return they'll give you a big transfer kitty.

Just added a manager to PSG (entering the second season) to look at their finances and you have a sponsorship deal worth 183 million per season for three years, along with others worth 36.65m, 21.35 m, 19.43m so this along with the fact you would have gotten alot of prize money for winnng 5 trophies it doesn't seem like a bug that you would get so much money.

I thought FIFA kicked up a stink about Man City's idea of self stadium sponsorship, so how can they do this. Or at the end of the day did they just make a donation to FIFA? Seems a tycoon can still come in and spend big, if he/she can externally 'sponsor' their own team then.

How else can you explain the fact that PSG are spending frankly ludicrous amounts of money on players and still playing in the CL? Last time I checked Ligue 1 don't pay their clubs 55m each year in TV deals ala Premier League. And IIRC City's stadium sponsorship thing is still going on, its not as ludicrous as PSG's deal though, City's is roughly 30m a season over 10 years.

Archived