Jadedness

I've got a couple of (young) players who are fairly constantly jaded. I've been resting them from training for 3 days each time they are noted as jaded - which I assume is the correct thing to do?

Is there a way of stopping them getting jaded in the first place? Or what specifically is it that is causing them to get this way?

You need to give them a break i.e send them home its not really anything to do with training. Resting them from training won't help because its not condition what is this issue. To do this you View Club > Players > Extended Leave

What's making them jaded could be a number of things but this tends to be things like over playing/under using them when they have the wrong type of personalities.

Ok - thanks. The main player with the issue is a young Argentine regen DL - so I am guessing it is caused by him having come to me in the summer part way through the season there and therefore not having got any holiday at all. Trouble is, my other DL has been permanently injured this season so I need Navarro to keep playing! As soon as I get the chance I will send him on leave. I'm assuming also then that you can't play him at all while on leave?

Ok - thanks. The main player with the issue is a young Argentine regen DL - so I am guessing it is caused by him having come to me in the summer part way through the season there and therefore not having got any holiday at all. Trouble is, my other DL has been permanently injured this season so I need Navarro to keep playing! As soon as I get the chance I will send him on leave. I'm assuming also then that you can't play him at all while on leave?

Correct, he'd be unavailable :)

Just wanted to add, for anyone else experiencing this issue, is to not let them get jaded to begin with. In my experience it always starts with them needing a rest. You have to give it to them, a week off at least from games. It can hurt, but I'd rather play a man out of position or a youth and take my chances with a single match than have to send one of my best players off for a month or a more to recuperate. This is probably self-evident for most or all of us, but it is worth tossing into the discussion.

All true. In addition, if he's an Argentinian regen you've brought as a youth to Europe, he might have low adaptability and not settle well. If he needs too many holidays you might be better off selling him. That's for further in the future, of course.

The main reason I get jaded players in they play international tournaments before my pre-season. Sometimes I have to let them holiday until the pre-season has all-but ended.

Archived