Brining your AML/R and ST deeper... is it possible?

The reason I ask is because I like many want a tactic where my team will press heavily but I find those 3 positions don't do any form of pressing. Should I consider making them mark tighter to help achieve this?

One thing I wish we could see in FM15 is the ability to have 3 different forms of a tactic; defensive, build-up and attack. I'm still not hundred percent if play wide or narrow is defensive only or throughout the whole pitch including attack.

What's their positional mentality on? My AMR/C/L behind the striker does well on pressing and helping out the wing backs... but I do have them on 'S'. I was getting destroyed when I had them on 'A'.

I usually just let my ST lurk up front though, if you make them drop deep and press too much, there's no attacking outlet.

I have them all on support. 2x IF-S and a F9-S. I could drop them back but I want them to act as 3rd strikers almost on the attack so rather I need them to drop deeper but I play a high line anyway it would just further help if I could cramp the space more.

In that case, you might want to consider pushing your defensive line more to cramp up the space rather than pulling your wingers back... I'd recommend getting pacy defenders if you do though so you don't get caught out during counters.

Maybe consider staggering your midfield a bit or pushing your full backs to attack so you minimize the space between IFs and FBs? My current setup has two CWBs on (A) mentality supporting an IF (S) on the left and a W (S) on the right.

Archived