Positions on the tactics screen

I have a bit of an odd question for you all. I have two tactics on my game.

1st: GK, DL, DC, DC, DR, DM, MC, ML, AMR, AMC, ST

2nd: GK, DL, DC, DC, DR, DM, DM, MC, AML, AMR, ST

I use the first tactic to open games off with and the second to close games if I am leading.

When I switch between the two tactics, some players automatically stay in their correct positions. For example, the GK and back four all stay in their correct spots, the MC drops to DM, the AMR stays AMR and the ST stays ST.

My issue is with the AMC and ML in the first tactic. I want my AMC (Kagawa) to become the MC in the second tactic, but he always switches to the AML position. I also want my ML in the first tactic (Ashley Young) to switch to AML in the second, but he always switches to the MC position.

Its a bit annoying because every time I switch tactics in game, I have to also switch Kagawa and Young's position around which is an extra few clicks.

Any thoughts on how to fix this so that the AMC drops to MC when switching from the first tactic to the second?

Hope I've explained this clearly enough?! Many thanks in advance for your help.

You need to change the second tactic.

A) Physically drag the AML disc to the MC position in the second tactic on the tactics screen (not before a match but outside of match day).

B) Physically drag the "other" MC disc to the AML position

Don't just swop them over, they need to move to an empty position on the screen - then save the tactic.

You need to change the second tactic.

A) Physically drag the AML disc to the MC position in the second tactic on the tactics screen (not before a match but outside of match day).

B) Physically drag the "other" MC disc to the AML position

Don't just swop them over, they need to move to an empty position on the screen - then save the tactic.

Thanks heaps for the fast response. I don't quite understand the meaning of "don't just swap them over"? Isn't step A moving the AML to the MC position going to swap the two players? Maybe I have misunderstood. I think the bit I am missing is where you say "they need to move to an empty position on the screen - then save the tactic". Could you elaborate a little more for me please?

Thanks heaps for the fast response. I don't quite understand the meaning of "don't just swap them over"? Isn't step A moving the AML to the MC position going to swap the two players? Maybe I have misunderstood. I think the bit I am missing is where you say "they need to move to an empty position on the screen - then save the tactic". Could you elaborate a little more for me please?
I had to re-read Cougar's post twice to fully understand, but what he is saying is simply change the 'empty' discs around with one another. So, clear the players from the screen (outside of match day) and change the discs around and then save.

Not sure Code understands or not tbh. You need to move the discs not just switch them over.

A) Move your AML disc to MC so you have two MC discs.

B) Move the other MC disc (The one you didn't move from AML) to the AML spot then reposition the MC disc (Moved from AML) where you want it at MC.

Then save.

Not sure Code understands or not tbh. You need to move the discs not just switch them over.

A) Move your AML disc to MC so you have two MC discs.

B) Move the other MC disc (The one you didn't move from AML) to the AML spot then reposition the MC disc (Moved from AML) where you want it at MC.

Then save.

Thanks Cougar. This worked and changed my second tactic's positions around. For some reason though, now the first tactic is putting the two players in the wrong spots. I tried to then repeat the steps for the first tactic but then it got me back to the original position I was in. Any further thoughts?

Thanks Cougar. This worked and changed my second tactic's positions around. For some reason though, now the first tactic is putting the two players in the wrong spots. I tried to then repeat the steps for the first tactic but then it got me back to the original position I was in. Any further thoughts?

Not really.

You could delete the second tactic and start again.

Use the first tactic as a guide, put players in, create second tactic then move the discs for the players in the wrong positions.

Archived