Sale values

Hi there

I am playing my first transfer window and am managing Man Utd. I have been trying to offload a lot of the dead wood in the squad but cannot seem to sell any of my unwanted players. The best I could do was get a 5m pound bid for Anderson. Is this meant to be the case or is there some better way of selling players which is different to previous versions? I have just been transfer listing the players and offering them to the world.

Many thanks. I am on 14.2.0.

I find it a massive headache in the game.

For eg. I installed fm14 again last night and started with liverpool. Seen a few players here and there being signed from under my nose at a reasonable price.

Wasnt feeling the liverpool save (cant really play any game unless im Celtic) so started again. Thought id have a look before my first continue at these players i had noticed being sold.

Bid for them, and all of a sudden they are all worth 3 or 4 million more.

Also im bidding for a St.Johnstone player relatively unknown but decent youngster and first negotiation they want 2 million.

In real life a bid of 250k would suffice. and when my 1 million bid was turned down it makes me think.. whats the point?

Hi there

I am playing my first transfer window and am managing Man Utd. I have been trying to offload a lot of the dead wood in the squad but cannot seem to sell any of my unwanted players. The best I could do was get a 5m pound bid for Anderson. Is this meant to be the case or is there some better way of selling players which is different to previous versions? I have just been transfer listing the players and offering them to the world.

Many thanks. I am on 14.2.0.

What leagues are you running and how big is your database?

If it's a player you're actively trying to sell, of course the AI aren't going to want to pay full whack for them.

You'll only get the great deals for players you don't really want to sell.

I find selling is hit or miss for me.

I've had 2 open bids(a bid out of the blue) , 2 record transfers for my small club smashed by me offering at a redic price when higher clubs where lurking before the player got unhappy, and the rest of the time i either sell for £0 with a sell on clause that never gets triggered or the player just see's out his contract

If it's a player you're actively trying to sell, of course the AI aren't going to want to pay full whack for them.

You'll only get the great deals for players you don't really want to sell.

Sure, but on previous versions of FM they did pay full whack regardless. It would have been good if there was some information on the fact the prior approach to transfers in the game had changed

What leagues are you running and how big is your database?

Medium size database. I am running the top leagues from China, India, US, Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Wales, Australia, Argentina and Brazil. Does this make a difference?

Medium size database. I am running the top leagues from China, India, US, Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Wales, Australia, Argentina and Brazil. Does this make a difference?

You need to balance the number of players in your save against the number of clubs looking for players to get a good save experience IMO. Too few players and you struggle to find good players to sign, too many and the market becomes flooded and you struggle to sell. You have 18 leagues with a medium database which I think isn't enough, I would have used a small database.

Are all your leagues fully playable or have you set some of them to a lower detail level?

You also have a strange choice of countries selected, especially as its just the top league. You have China, India, Ireland, Wales & Australia who attract a much lower quality of player than the rest and there will be only limited movement of players from clubs in those countries to some of your other choices. You also then have USA, Brazil & Argentina who are outside of the EU which again will limit player movements between clubs from those countries & the European ones.

So as well as possible flooding the market with a medium database you have also limited your selling options a little with your choices of leagues.

Thanks Cougar. I hadn't thought of this before. In past versions of FM I thought I could receive bids from clubs even if their league was not activated? For example, when I had an older computer I used to just play with England active and would still receive bids from the large European clubs for my players.

Thanks Cougar. I hadn't thought of this before. In past versions of FM I thought I could receive bids from clubs even if their league was not activated? For example, when I had an older computer I used to just play with England active and would still receive bids from the large European clubs for my players.

You do but they don't have full squads so don't need as many players.

Say you didn't have Spain active for example you might find that Real & Barca had around 25 players but that would be it with no reserves or youth much whereas a lower La Liga team might only have 10-15 players when you looked at their squad.

Personally because competitions are continental I tend to stick to one continent per save, especially if its Europe.

You have to bear in mind that first season, all the clubs transfer budgets have their real life summer purchases accounted for, so many wont actually have that much free cash, so you have to be creative with how you offer them out, in some cases be willing to settle for lower amounts.

zp02h8u.png

This is my high level save (United) sale list, with Anderson and Hernandez still to leave

I have only recently bought FM14, but as I've posted before, I did some extensive testing with FM13 on transfers and found that the AI favors AI teams with transfers, so they will sell to each other more cheaply than to you, and at the same time won't offer very much for your players - I never got "full whack" for a player. This could have changed for FM14, but I doubt it as it would make the game much easier.

What does help (as mentioned in an above post) is adjusting the playable leagues so that you have more teams that would be interested in and can afford your players. For example, if you're managing an EPL team, loading China, Australia, Chile, etc... won't help with offers for your players; load Germany, Italy, and Spain instead. If you're managing a second tier Croatian team, loading the top countries is great for prospects, but Barca and Arsenal won't come knocking on your door for you players all that often. Staying in a region helps, especially if leagues have restrictions on what nationalities can play, but as long as the level of players is comparable, teams will find your good players (assuming their scouting range is worldwide). I managed a team in Brazil for many seasons, and although I had very solid players, most of my top player's values were around $5-10M with only South American countries loaded. Based on what I saw from some abandoned England saves, the value should have been higher, even if the offers didn't match. So I added several European leagues (most of the major countries' top two leagues), and when those leagues became active, my players' values just about doubled. I still had trouble selling for value when I listed players, but the offers did go up somewhat for my better players and I saw many more from those new countries.

Archived