FM14 (14.2.0) - The Triad (4-2-3-1) - Promoted first season with Doncaster - Great GD!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mate, used your tactic in 14.2.1 with Napoli, totally fluid, 4+ stars staff, great pre-season with 9 amicals match with satisfying results, but it didn't really work. Played against 6 teams in Serie A, won 3 lost 3. Most of the time the opponent had possession, we had more chances but they failed oftenly. The tactic is more efficient Home but really struggling to impose our game Away, even against small teams like Chievo where I lost 2-0 with the same number of occasions than they had. Results were more satisfying in CL where I won 1-0 againt Basel home in a very tight match and won at Benfica Stadio de la Luz once again in a match that could have been both sides.

Just wanted to give you my feedbacks, I don't know if 14.2.1 had killed it, didn't had time to try it for 14.2.0, but anyway good job man, keep it up and hope you'll build a killer tactif for the new patches.

Peace

in 14.2.1, it is not working well....but in 14.2, it is more than perfect
Was there any changes to the match engine in 14.2.1? I didnt think so but suddenly I just cant score goals for anything.
Hi mate, used your tactic in 14.2.1 with Napoli, totally fluid, 4+ stars staff, great pre-season with 9 amicals match with satisfying results, but it didn't really work. Played against 6 teams in Serie A, won 3 lost 3. Most of the time the opponent had possession, we had more chances but they failed oftenly. The tactic is more efficient Home but really struggling to impose our game Away, even against small teams like Chievo where I lost 2-0 with the same number of occasions than they had. Results were more satisfying in CL where I won 1-0 againt Basel home in a very tight match and won at Benfica Stadio de la Luz once again in a match that could have been both sides.

Just wanted to give you my feedbacks, I don't know if 14.2.1 had killed it, didn't had time to try it for 14.2.0, but anyway good job man, keep it up and hope you'll build a killer tactif for the new patches.

Peace

Hi guys,

I don`t think there was any changes to the ME with the hot fix they released? Couldn't find any in the changelist.

Have you all tried a attacking mentality with a very rigid system? Also try shoot less on the AM. And yes, left footed on the right side and right footed on the left works like a charm, either footed is perfect - same goes for the AM :)

If you are struggling with the possession you could try to lower the tempo a bit or try holding the ball up.

Doing very well at the time with a mid tier Romanian team. Will post screens once i get 20 games in. If odds are close i start with "Standard" and as soon as i start dominating i switch to "Attacking".

Preseason, loaded the tactic in all 3 slots and set team training to "team cohesion" on Very High and Pre-match on tactics only. It's almost fluid after 3 months.

Thank you for sharing!!!

I'm enjoying this tactic very much, Suarez is killing it! I enjoy the role the Anchor Man is playing as well, he actually acts more like a very deep and aggressive playmaker. Finally a successful tactic that is not heavily relying on possession and short passing.

Two things i'm trying to work out though:

1. Sometimes the left back seems to be a bit left alone, probably due to the CM pushing up so high. I'm trying to put him (the CM) on a support duty, will see if it sacrifices too much offensive power.

2. The Strikers seems to be the only regularly scoring player. I'm gonna try to put the right IF on a attack duty, the anchor man and relatively defensive full back should be enough to cover him.

Will see if it works. You tactic is great as ist is though, thanks mate!

In my second season with Borussia M'Gladbach I've managed to beat Real Madrid!

2x0 using your tactic.

Congratulations for it!

Cheers

Doing very well at the time with a mid tier Romanian team. Will post screens once i get 20 games in. If odds are close i start with "Standard" and as soon as i start dominating i switch to "Attacking".

Preseason, loaded the tactic in all 3 slots and set team training to "team cohesion" on Very High and Pre-match on tactics only. It's almost fluid after 3 months.

Thank you for sharing!!!

My pleasure guys :)

I'm enjoying this tactic very much, Suarez is killing it! I enjoy the role the Anchor Man is playing as well, he actually acts more like a very deep and aggressive playmaker. Finally a successful tactic that is not heavily relying on possession and short passing.

Two things i'm trying to work out though:

1. Sometimes the left back seems to be a bit left alone, probably due to the CM pushing up so high. I'm trying to put him (the CM) on a support duty, will see if it sacrifices too much offensive power.

2. The Strikers seems to be the only regularly scoring player. I'm gonna try to put the right IF on a attack duty, the anchor man and relatively defensive full back should be enough to cover him.

Great, glad to hear that!

1. That might work, let me know what results you`re getting. I havent had that much of a issue on the left back to be honest, as the central defenders tend to drift over to the backs and cover.

2. I have done that myself, works great :)

Anybody else find this tactic is pretty useless at home? Decent results away but home results seem to be pretty average at best. Seem to create a lack of chances at home and concede a lot of corner goals (although this may be the ME). Any advice?

Anybody else find this tactic is pretty useless at home? Decent results away but home results seem to be pretty average at best. Seem to create a lack of chances at home and concede a lot of corner goals (although this may be the ME). Any advice?

now that you mention it, yeah. lots of possession but only having attempts from long range

Did you guys try "Attacking" with "very rigid"?

This tactic is excellent

Got to the 1/4 of the Champions League with Celtic in my first season, 1/2 in the second and lost the final in the third

Currently started a new save with Dortmund and I am 7 points clear with 7 games to go and have a 1/4 final against Barca to come

I know Dortmund isn't exactly a test but the results with Celtic are

Made this change and my right IF has 3 goals in the last 2 games, well done.

Enjoying this tactic immensely. Installed it mid season with Cambridge in the Skrill Premier and 7-1-2 since I did, with one of the two losses coming in the FA Cup to a League 1 side. I have climbed from 14th to 3rd since making the change, great job on this vikingarrow!

Viking,

Just to keep you informed I have won back to back promotions with Notts County and am now approaching a season in the championship.......its very nice to be popular with the board and fans for a change so thank you very much for a very productive and consistent tactic. Important to note that I have only spent £50k to achieve these promotions! Maybe a little off topic but do you know any good threads on team talks? I would really like to master these as taking a big interest in this side of the game now.

If you haven't downloaded this yet....DO IT!

uLmN3n6.png

This is a very good tactic. Have been using it with Villa since mid 2nd season. Currently sitting 1st in the league with a few games left, and in the semis in the CL. Most of all I'm impressed with how solid it is defensively as I've struggled to make sense of it until now on this patch. Conceded 18 goals in the league in 33 games so far this season (as opposed to 58 and 50 in the last two).

It does frustrate me at times though, as the potential of the attacking players seems to go unfulfilled frequently. Basically, if my striker is not firing, I'm prone to draw or loose unless I score from set pieces.

The AM is very often just a passenger and adds very little in terms of goals or assist. I've tried changing him to a trequartista which resulted in a slight improvement, but I think the problem is mainly down to the narrowness of it. There is no space for him to do anything.

The IFs are very often the same. They rarely score or assist for me. I've been tempted to remove the narrow instructions and play wider, but it seems to result in a more frail defence. If anyone can find a way to get something more out of the attacking players this tactic will go from great to fantastic.

I am getting a huge amount of yellow cards with this tactic. Now don't get me wrong, 3 seasons in the A-League and all of asia is my bitch but after about week 7, I have about 1 player missing through suspension per week. My croatian DMC is particularly bad for it. Is anyone else having this issue too?

This was working pretty well for me first season and I went unbeaten over the last 15 games that I used it. Since I've started the next season though I've been really inconsistent, tending to lack possession or have less shots than the other team. I've gone from being runners up in the PL last season to 5th and 9 points off the top after ten games, seem to be conceding a lot and not scoring many (have tried tweaking a CB to cover and also tried playing attacking and very rigid). Any ideas? Was really enjoying playing 4-2-3-1

how is this tac working on 14.2.2? tried it With Burnley and followed instructions second season in prem With no success at all.. hammered first two games With full fluidity. Team was also pretty good.

Looks like a solid one so im sure im doing something wrong:)

Pretty new to FM 2014 and love the 4-2-3-1 so gave this a go.

Had a pretty indifferent 3-4 months with Napoli, but I've made a few tweaks and I'm on a great unbeaten run. Changed the right DC to cover as suggested, changed the MC to Support and the AM to Advanced Playmaker Attack. Changed a few instructions as well, removed play at high tempo. Can post my full list of changes if people want to know.

One thing to note while I was using it as default my creative freedom wasn't at full so maybe that hindered it.

Hamsik was really struggling previously in the AMC slot but he's on fire now

Pretty new to FM 2014 and love the 4-2-3-1 so gave this a go.

Had a pretty indifferent 3-4 months with Napoli, but I've made a few tweaks and I'm on a great unbeaten run. Changed the right DC to cover as suggested, changed the MC to Support and the AM to Advanced Playmaker Attack. Changed a few instructions as well, removed play at high tempo. Can post my full list of changes if people want to know.

One thing to note while I was using it as default my creative freedom wasn't at full so maybe that hindered it.

Hamsik was really struggling previously in the AMC slot but he's on fire now

Yeah i'd be really interested if you could go into more detail with the other changes? Can I also ask what you mean about default and creative freedom?

I'll post them when I get chance mate, probably on Saturday.

Default - I mean the tactic in this thread as it was downloaded (as default).

When you click on familarity of the tactic it shows creative freedom out of 100. This increases as you get used to the formation.

The changes I've made though got me a really good run, but I also had a few indifferent results towards the end of the season and only finished third, so it doesn't guarantee anything.

Anyone tried swtiching the place of the midfielders?

so the one on left sits deeper? The reason im wondering is that if i have two 4-2-3-1 tactics, and i want to switch between them, i dont want the players to en up in the "wrong place"... and in order for that to work i would need to change this one so the DM is on the left instead of right...

anyone been tinkering with that? does it mess up the tactic?

I'm not playing FM14 but just wanted to wade in as a Doncaster fan and wish you congratulations on what appears to be an amazing tactic. From seeing Theo Robinson and Kyle Bennett in the flesh if you've got promotion from the championship with those two in starring roles then I can say this must be as close to a diablo as FM14 can get!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah i'd be really interested if you could go into more detail with the other changes? Can I also ask what you mean about default and creative freedom?

Sorry for the delay.

So yeah, I changed the right DC to cover, the MC to support and the AMC to Advanced Playmaker - attack.

I can't remember which instructions I changed so will just post the whole list of what I use:

- Retain possession

- Shorter passing

- Pass into space

- Work ball into box

- Drill crosses

- Run at defence

- Look for overlap

- Play narrower

- Drop deeper

- Hassle opponents

- Get stuck in

- Be more disciplined

I've won two Serie A titles now, and in my 5th season I'm really playing some nice stuff.

Archived