Database Change - Failed

Mallidon

Hello there.

Firstly I'm going to outline briefly what I am doing atm. I am making an entirely new, fictional nation, regions, cities, clubs etc etc. I did it last year too, just for fun, but never quite got things completed, but I hope to do so this year.

Last year one of my issues was Nation Population. I would usually pick C.I.S. to edit, and their population is 0. I have edited the nation ui file in the Editor files with

<record db_field="nati,Npop" /> <!-- nation population EDIT -->

And I have also edited the nation file in the database file to include

<!-- Nation Population EDIT -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Npop"/>

<string id="name" value="Nation Population"/>

<flags id="type" value="integer"/>

<integer id="min_value" value="0"/>

<integer id="max_value" value="10000000000"/>

</record>

These changes have seemed to work, and now allow me to SEE a nations population in the editor, and it SEEMS to allow me to change the population there, however when I try to edit it doesn't change. For example I will try to change it from 0 to 35000000 but it instantly reverts to 0. It shows up in the top right hand corner that I have '1 Unsaved change' and when I check Menu - File - Changes.... I see that listed under Database Changes - Nations - next to changes, it shows 0 changes, failed 1.

Anyone have any ideas where I am going wrong, or has anyone managed to edit the population of a nation?

Any help would be appreciated, and apologies if anything I am posting is confusing, to be honest I'm confusing myself here too haha :S

Edit - I found info on how to do these from somewhere, really cannot remember where I got the text I am editing in, could have been on this site or another... But iirc it worked for FM2013. Obviously changes might have been made since... As I say, it DOES bring up the population though, so it seems to be at least PARTLY working.

Also happy new year, thanks in advance for any help, and first post here yay :)

Archived