Making The Premier League - Only British and Irish players Help

SamRuff04

I am trying to make the premier league an all British and Irish league , i have deleted all foreign players from the clubs in the editor but how do i make sure that all the teams do not buy or play any foreign players . How do i edit this in the editor, Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to do the same for U.S.A ad the competitions within. Is it possible? I've been searching in the editor and I can't find where I could change the rules of non allowing foreigners.
Using basic editor, each competition have fixture rules page. Here you can set rules for line-ups and whole squad, just like you want.

Using basic editor, each competition have fixture rules page. Here you can set rules for line-ups and whole squad, just like you want.

I am using the basic editor. That is the one you DL from steam, right? I've looked all over. Can't find where you edit the foreign player rules. What is the path to it?

I am using the basic editor. That is the one you DL from steam, right? I've looked all over. Can't find where you edit the foreign player rules. What is the path to it?
1. Create new "National rules" from top menu.

2. On the left menu, go to division section and create a division.

3. Go to that division and you'll find fixture rules page.

4. If you don't find it here, please post a screenshot here.

1. Create new "National rules" from top menu.

2. On the left menu, go to division section and create a division.

3. Go to that division and you'll find fixture rules page.

4. If you don't find it here, please post a screenshot here.

It is unhilighted/uneselectable. So does that mean I can't edit the rules for competitions in the U.S.? Do I have to re-create every league just to change those rules?

It is unhilighted/uneselectable. So does that mean I can't edit the rules for competitions in the U.S.? Do I have to re-create every league just to change those rules?
Ok, now I understand. You are using "adding lower leagues to existing structure" option. You have to create leagues again or use advanced rules as original leagues can't be edited using basic editor. If you want just to set this kind of restriction for foreign players, it's pretty easy. Convert to advanced rules, find nation file and go to fixture rules section.

Ok, now I understand. You are using "adding lower leagues to existing structure" option. You have to create leagues again or use advanced rules as original leagues can't be edited using basic editor. If you want just to set this kind of restriction for foreign players, it's pretty easy. Convert to advanced rules, find nation file and go to fixture rules section.

Ya I was in there last night and still couldn't find anything. I went to Advanced Rules, then saw the tabs of all the leagues, I went to MLS and there no fixture rules link. It just looks like this:

-Competition

+Stages

-Average points

-Qualified teams

-Registered teams

-Stages from other comps

-Initial TV money

-League team order

-League Fixtures

-Fixture dates

-Alternative dates

-Ranking levels

-Typical prize money

-Points deduction

I clicked on "league Fixtures" thinking that it is in there, but all it does is takes me to a blank screen with an "Add" button at the bottom. And all that does is create matches I am pretty sure. Has nothing to do with rules.

Also, I am using a custom league database that I DL'd from there. It is the USA-4 Tiers. So, I thought that may be the problem. So I loaded the default database and there is no Advanced Rules option tab.

Ya I was in there last night and still couldn't find anything. I went to Advanced Rules, then saw the tabs of all the leagues, I went to MLS and there no fixture rules link. It just looks like this:

-Competition

+Stages

-Average points

-Qualified teams

-Registered teams

-Stages from other comps

-Initial TV money

-League team order

-League Fixtures

-Fixture dates

-Alternative dates

-Ranking levels

-Typical prize money

-Points deduction

I clicked on "league Fixtures" thinking that it is in there, but all it does is takes me to a blank screen with an "Add" button at the bottom. And all that does is create matches I am pretty sure. Has nothing to do with rules.

Also, I am using a custom league database that I DL'd from there. It is the USA-4 Tiers. So, I thought that may be the problem. So I loaded the default database and there is no Advanced Rules option tab.

This is menu of a competition. Fixture rules are in the menu of nation like told above. Search USA on left menu. There's something hardcoded in USA, but fixture rules should be visible.

Hm, I don't think it is possible to do that to the US then.

As you can see on this first pic, "Advanced Rules" is no where to be found. This is the default database file I have loaded. Why is that?

i387y0.jpg

As you can see in this next, Advanced Rules" is available. But this is an already edited database that I downloaded from here that unlocked the lower tiers of the US.

2iuf2p2.jpg

2gugkcx.jpg

I went to the U.S. tab and found what I think is the spot I am looking for, but it doesn't look like it. I went to match rules and as you can see at the bottom of the pic I found where rules can be added and I added those two rules, is that right? I saved it and then started a new save and Foreign players are still able to play in the u.s.

Ok, you seems to be something different. I founded fixture rules in USA when I checked some days ago, you have only match rules which seems to be exactly same than Fixture rules. Are you selected American English or something?

Have you set match rules to competitions? It's not enough if you set competition at the top of match/ficture rules page. Go to competition pages of leagues/cups and set which rules you want to use. In the last screenshot you have set foreign limits to 0 for rules "0". You have to set "0" for competitions.

as Henrip says I haven't got MATCH RULES at all its fixture rules, as it should be

It is the same thing. I switched the language to English(UK) and it changed Match Rules to Fixture rules. Nonetheless, there is nothing in the competition tab where I can change the rules. Fixture rules only show up in the Nations tab.

It is the same thing. I switched the language to English(UK) and it changed Match Rules to Fixture rules. Nonetheless, there is nothing in the competition tab where I can change the rules. Fixture rules only show up in the Nations tab.

Check your last screenshot and edit other fixture rules same way to use foreign limit in each competitions. It should be enough.

Competition tab has lots of options so please check it more than once to find right options. Discipline rules and fixture rules are in a row.

Check your last screenshot and edit other fixture rules same way to use foreign limit in each competitions. It should be enough.

Competition tab has lots of options so please check it more than once to find right options. Discipline rules and fixture rules are in a row.

I really appreciate your help and patience Henrip. When you say the competition tab, are you talking about through the Advanced Rules section or the normal database section? Either way, neither of them are showing rules for competitions. The only place I saw fixture rules was Advanced Tools > U.S.A.

30de8oo.jpg

9tecrl.jpg

Also, after I made those rule changes to the U.S.A. tab and started a new save, in the mls rules page in the game, it stated that no foreign players are allowed to be on the squad nor play. And on my roster, all the non USA players had the Fgn tag to the left of their name, but yet they were still able to play in the matches.

the first pic in your post above is it......scroll through it and you will see FIXTURE RULE INDEX( I have checked and its rule 0 for MLS)

Okay, yes, I found that and by default it says 0 in the box. Is there anything I need to change?

you change/add what you want to put in....and make sure you combine with existing rules

I must not be understanding this then. The box you just told me about: "Fixture Rule Index", all it is, is a box that you put a number -1 thru 100 in. By default, "0" was in the box.

As for the rules, I have only found them in the nation tab, not any of the competition tabs. The competition tabs is where "Fixture Rule Index" is located, and again, only a number between -1 and 100 can be placed in there, which I have no idea what any of those possible numbers mean.

I did however implement the foreign rules I was trying for. I had to release all of the foreign players from ever US team in order for it to work. I started a save without doing that and it screwed up the game. I started a save after releasing all the players within pre-game editor and it worked. I simmed the entire season just to see if it worked, and it did. However, when it came time for the MLS Draft, there were a bunch of foreign players in there. They were drafted and when they were signed after the draft, they did not have that "Fgn" tag to the left of their name and weren't considered foreign players.

I cant explain this any other way sorry...that 0 in competition tells you what fixture rule relates to that competition in that nation, do not change that number ( so when you click on usa you see lots of fixture rules all numbered from0- whatever....it looks like 0 relates to MLS so you have to add /change rules in that one:thup:) check this thread out too http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369110-Can-t-edit-competition-rules-Reviewed

I cant explain this any other way sorry...that 0 in competition tells you what fixture rule relates to that competition in that nation, do not change that number ( so when you click on usa you see lots of fixture rules all numbered from0- whatever....it looks like 0 relates to MLS so you have to add /change rules in that one:thup:) check this thread out too http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369110-Can-t-edit-competition-rules-Reviewed

That is what I figured. You just through me through a loop because the way I read your post was that I had to put the rules in that box, when in fact I am putting the number that correlates to the Rule number that is found in the nations tab.

I got all of that working, now I just need to figure out how to prevent foreign players from being in the Draft and counting as non foreign even though they clearly aren't

''You just through me through a loop because the way I read your post was that I had to put the rules in that box''.....I have tried helping but we seem not to understand each other:) I have got you in the right section of the advanced rules now so its just a matter of you filling in the right areas, there are options there/ with drop down menus once you tick certain boxes, have a play around and you will find what you want(another pointer is to look at various fixture rules to see how other nations set up rules/ or download someones file and look how they did it) cheers and good luck

''You just through me through a loop because the way I read your post was that I had to put the rules in that box''.....I have tried helping but we seem not to understand each other:) I have got you in the right section of the advanced rules now so its just a matter of you filling in the right areas, there are options there/ with drop down menus once you tick certain boxes, have a play around and you will find what you want(another pointer is to look at various fixture rules to see how other nations set up rules/ or download someones file and look how they did it) cheers and good luck

No, you definitely helped me a lot, and I appreciate it. I found the Fixture rules for the U.S.A. tab and just found out that I had to put the rules in the "Rule 0" index. That is all I needed to do. I didn't need to do anything in the competition (MLS) tab since there were no fixture rules section. I just needed to make sure that in hte rule index box, it was at 0, so that it follow the rules I set in Rule 0 tab.

I got it all working, have had it working yesterday, I just needed to make some tweaks. Now I need to find a way, if there even is, to actually prevent foreign players from coming to the states through the draft and other means, and still for some reason being able to play and not count as foreign.

Archived