Loyalty Bonuses

Yea I was confused about this too. I used to think it was a flat signing bonus but apparently it is an add-on to wages that is paid monthly. If the player is sold, he gets the remainder of his bonus unless he was transfer listed by request, in which case he forfeits it.

New this year though is that loyalty bonuses are deducted directly from your transfer budget as well. In previous games a loyalty bonus didn't have an effect on the transfer bonus and you could inflate it as much as you wanted to get a player to sign. Just had to hope that you wouldn't go into the red financially as a result.

New this year though is that loyalty bonuses are deducted directly from your transfer budget as well. In previous games a loyalty bonus didn't have an effect on the transfer bonus and you could inflate it as much as you wanted to get a player to sign. Just had to hope that you wouldn't go into the red financially as a result.

Have anyone noticed if the money goes back into your transfer budget, if a player requests a transfer and forfeits the rest of the fee?

And what happens if a player requests a transfer, but ends up staying? Will he still be eligible for the fee?

Have anyone noticed if the money goes back into your transfer budget, if a player requests a transfer and forfeits the rest of the fee?

And what happens if a player requests a transfer, but ends up staying? Will he still be eligible for the fee?

I think the money comes out gradually. So if he requests a transfer and leaves, the deductions will stop. The agent fee comes out immediately.

On same topic:

Player A signs for Club A on a three year deal with €300k loyalty bonus. 2 seasons pass and new contract is offered, he only wants €50k loyalty bonus now, for another 3 years.

So technically before the contract extension he has €100k left of his loyalty bonus. What happens to this, does he get that paid immediately on renewal? So on the books there would be a €200k bonus expense, instead of €100k, plus the beginning of the new bonus?

I've noticed many players want a high loyalty bonus to sign on, but once at the club will accept a far lower one when a contract extension is offered.

Archived