Unhappy players that want to leave

Here's the thing. I've got a real gem of a player, one of the best forwards in the game, and naturally he wants to advance in career and go to a bigger club. He's fully developed and my club is pretty big in stature - but he still wants out. Now, i don't really need the money, and i've secured his contract & there are no release clauses, so i can keep him for at least 4 more seasons - against his will. And i have far more interest in keeping him for another couple of seasons than in getting big money - he's too good to be replaced. But, will the player still play on his highest level, even if he's unhappy and denied leave? Should i just ignore his demands?

Well, yeah.

I have yet to see this happen in FMC, so you'll have to forgive my question, I was a little shocked. I talked to a few of the guys here and it is a rare thing at best and will go away if you just ignore him. No players we have seen here have actually ever lost any morale or started playing worse from this sort of stuff. One of our favorite features in this version is that you CAN keep a core team together for a long time without worrying about things like this. Amazing to me that I have played so many FMC seasons and have never seen this...

I only have in my FMC Liverppol saved, Martin Kelly having a "slight concern" wanting first team football, but I just ignored him as Johnson and Flanagan are doing well, though I try to play him in cup games. Have yet to come across any transfer request:)

I only have in my FMC Liverppol saved, Martin Kelly having a "slight concern" wanting first team football, but I just ignored him as Johnson and Flanagan are doing well, though I try to play him in cup games. Have yet to come across any transfer request:)

Oh ya, I've seen players with the slight concerns but I ignore them, they've never become an issue. Much like when an agent message comes for a player wanting an improved contract because another team showed an interest I always refuse these too because, well, why? These players never become an issue and I am happy about that, the lack of politics in FMC is part of why it is great to play. :)

• 2 months later...

I have a similar player (21 year old defender worth 16 million that i've trained since his youth days) on a 4 year contract. His agent asked for a wage rise and I told him that he still had a lot of time on his current contract so no! Now he wants out and put in a transfer request. I didn't stop him. But what is interesting is that the computer does not want to bid for him. I offered him to clubs for his value and people come back saying that they cannot afford his requested wage !??? What is happening here?

Btw I find it hard to sell anyone in FMC. Had to add a rival Serie A team manager to buy some of my guys!

Update on this:

Have sold this guy. Even though he was the Italian Defender Of The Year season 2019-20 , I felt like it was the right decision. I don't let any players tell me how to run the squad or demand higher wages when they have four years left on their current contracts.

So what I did was, offered him a new contract on a ridiculous wage of £60000 per week for a one year deal (that was £40000 more than he was getting!), then after he signed the contract I transfer listed him for £0. After a week or so Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid were interested, with Chelsea putting in a bid for £0. So then I stalled their offer, and offered him to clubs for just under his value at £15 million with a 50% sale on fee clause. Then I changed his transfer status value to £20 million.

After that Bayern Munich and Real Madrid immediately bid the offered price for him, and he was due to be sold in the next transfer window. So that's how to do it.

Ok, I guess it was a bit of an Alex Ferguson style moment, but I do have some more D C's that can cover his position, including Muniesa that I got from Barcelona at a reasonable fee, in case my younger defenders pick up injuries.

15oikyc.jpg2qx6q00.jpg

It's interesting that he is on a four year contract, but Bayern Munich gave him a larger wage, so he should be happy. But maybe in four years time he might like to rejoin our club, who knows. My squad is a tight knit bunch, with only one player that did not exist/come through the youth ranks in it (Muniesa).

As you can see, the only players purchased were coming back from joint ownership deals:

rljpg1.jpg

Well I hope this helps, good luck in your games!

I always have a couple of those complainers. But due to the fact that i prefer to play in smaller countries and the lower rep increases their unhapiness, can't afford to let them go and they play well anyway.

This happens me often enough, usually when Real or PSG come wading in with their megabucks.

My current season it's already happened with two(now sold) players, and a third is sulking, one I really don't want to sell, irreplaceable, and no club will offer the kind of money I'd consider for a sale.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a similar problem, dude being unhappy because I took the captains armband from him. Also a few lazy players complaining about the training workload. But am I blind, or is there no way to talk to them about it? Is that function excluded from FMC? And if so, do I just wait?!

EDIT: Pardon me mr. Admin, wasn't aware of a swear filter. Will keep in mind.

Have a right winger with "slight concern" that wants first team football and also requested to go on loan. So, ok fine, I changed his transfer status to available for loan. The next day he is asking "he doesn't see what he will gain from going on loan". I give up ...:confused:

Archived