Marking Specific Players

I've asked Williams to mark+tight Cornelius within player specific instructions. As you can see from both screen shoots why does he just allow him to get by him after he lays it off to the winger? Meanwhile my assistant is telling me I should mark him and close him down?

I'm running FM14.

Before:

Screen_Shot_2014_01_05_at_16_38_13.png

After:

Screen_Shot_2014_01_05_at_16_38_22.png

Screenshots don't give us any context, so it is hard to comment.

Ignoring the fact that all sorts of reasons could exist for the space above, it is important to remember that not one setting in FM is an on/off switch.

You can instruct players to carry out instructions, and they will do so to the best of their ability.

I'm not sure what Williams' marking specific attributes are, nor what Cornelius' ability to move into space is.

There are a plethora of factors to consider.

Screenshots don't give us any context, so it is hard to comment.

Ignoring the fact that all sorts of reasons could exist for the space above, it is important to remember that not one setting in FM is an on/off switch.

You can instruct players to carry out instructions, and they will do so to the best of their ability.

I'm not sure what Williams' marking specific attributes are, nor what Cornelius' ability to move into space is.

There are a plethora of factors to consider.

Lets say for example that Cornelius has better movement than Williams is at marking and your assistant is constantly telling you he needs marked, what do you do? Tell Williams not to mark knowing he won't be able to do the job, ask a midfielder to mark him instead, tell Williams to never close him down hoping he holds a better position?

What do others do when faced with this issue.

If he is a lone striker, I'd consider having a cover / stopper pairing at the back.

I never, ever, use the Specific Man Marking setting with DCs, as it is ambiguously labelled and it not man marking in the conventional sense (it is more like the instruction you apply to your DM to ask him to mark an AMC out of the game).

If he is a lone striker, I'd consider having a cover / stopper pairing at the back.

I never, ever, use the Specific Man Marking setting with DCs, as it is ambiguously labelled and it not man marking in the conventional sense (it is more like the instruction you apply to your DM to ask him to mark an AMC out of the game).

That's even more confusing. If Man Marking isn't Man Marking what is it? Is it shadow that player round the field and if so adding tight marking doesn't that mean follow him but them close?

That's even more confusing. If Man Marking isn't Man Marking what is it? Is it shadow that player round the field and if so adding tight marking doesn't that mean follow him but them close?

I'll try and find a thread and add it to this post.

Essentially, Specific Man Marking is a hatchet man sort of job. An SI tester gave an example of Lucas Leiva being tasked to pick up a creative AMC.

Default Marking in FM is zonal. Tight Marking makes you stick closer to your man within your zone - it is this which is the FM equivalent of conventional man marking.

EDIT - here's the thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/372207-Things-you-may-or-may-not-know-about-marking.....

I'll try and find a thread and add it to this post.

Essentially, Specific Man Marking is a hatchet man sort of job. An SI tester gave an example of Lucas Leiva being tasked to pick up a creative AMC.

Default Marking in FM is zonal. Tight Marking makes you stick closer to your man within your zone - it is this which is the FM equivalent of conventional man marking.

EDIT - here's the thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/372207-Things-you-may-or-may-not-know-about-marking.....

Thank you.

Archived