Fans' responses to match results

So are these pretty much broken? I've noticed they're often quite unrealistic (e.g. just being 'satisfied' with a win over a major rival, or being devastated by a tight 1-1 draw with a similarly placed team in the league). But now I've just played my arch rival, winning 1-0 and winning the league as a result. The fans are only 'satisfied', because they say the match was inconsequential as I'd already won the league. I hadn't! It was a title-decider, and the fans aren't at all arsed about it apparently.

Yep, this is a common thing. It falls in line with the board being unhappy with you after winning the premiership, the champions league and the FA cup... it is a real head scratcher in FM to say the least.

Yeah, it feels like its been a bit broken for a few editions now, I know the argument in defence of it is always 'well irl, fans are fickle anyway', which may be true, but they're not completely stupid like the fans in FM, being disappointed with good draws away to teams above you in the league, only being 'satisfied' with significant wins, disappointed with narrow defeats to teams from higher divisions, etc.

I occasionally get "The fans are devastated at the 1-1 defeat by [insert Team here] which is annoying.

Also when you win the league by a ridiculous amount of points and yet the board are unhappy at the 1-1 draw with a team half way through the season. 'Cause you know, it'd be too much to not offer any criticism of the season at all!

The Board wish to congratulate you on winning all six competitions you entered this year, but the Capital One Cup semi-final first leg where your U18s lost 0-1 is a result we can't ignore!

Ugh.

To quote Mr. McEnroe, 'You cannot be serious?!'.

Really, you had this?

Archived