A bit confused about Under 21's coaches.........

Anyone knows for sure whether under 21 coaches train senior members as well? I'm a bit confused because I see them when I go to the training screen, in the Coaches section, for the Senior squad. So... do they just train players that are in the senior squad as well but who are under 21? If that's the case..

So.. I have Les Ferdinand in Spurs as an Under 21's coach and he is the only one assigned for "Attacking" training in the senior squad. If he is only responsible for the Under 21's so the other senior players haven't got an attacking coach?

Any comments appreciated

I really hope that isn't the case because where possible I will bring in a really good coach as an U-21 coach because then he can coach all of the teams: Senior, Reserve/U-21 and Youth.

This is especially valuable with training categories where 4.5-5 star coaches are scarce, such as ball control and attacking.

My understanding is that whatever way you delegate the different classes of training from the Senior training screen, this will be duplicated in the Reseves/U-21s.

This thread has got me thinking about coaches and how they can be developed to fulfil their PA.

I'm sure there are plenty of young coaches (possibly at obscure clubs) with the potential to be top class (4*+).

I usually have plenty of slots available son on my current save I'm thinking about signing up a bunch of young coaches to see if they improve as time goes by.

I'm thinking I'm going to look for very solid DDM stats to begin with (40+ total) to begin with.

I doubt it's possible for DDM to improve much at all in a 3-5yr timespan? Please contradict me if you disagree because that would suggest I can afford a less solid mental skill-set and possibly get a better

coaching one amongst my recruits.

Personality wise ideally I'd like someone ambitious or professional. Ambitious with Evasive/Reserved media handling would be the mother lode!

I don't want them to have already done any coaching courses because that I guess will be the main means by which they'll improve.

I'll want a very good youth assistant manager to act as a mentor.

Whether this will all have any impact only time will tell I guess!

I'm just sorting out my coaches now, looking at the training tabs it seems that. Your senior squad coaches and under-21 coaches all work with both the under-21s and senior squad. The under-18s have a separate team working with them.

Archived