AI clubs underbidding players

Entering my third season and I find it IMPOSSIBLE to sell players from my Tottenham squad, as the AI clubs place ridiculous bids on my players. A player worth £20m, whom I offer for sale at £20m, should not receive offers of £10m and so on. It is just insane.

Not once, during the seasons I have played, have a club bids a respectable amount for any of my players. When I want to buy from AI club, they DEMAND insane amounts for their players. Last episode was a new regen, worth £325.000. I offered them £3m and they came back, demanding £30m.

That scenario is not uncommon at all it seems. Is the transfer system broken or something?

Those players you offer out, are they listed?

FM14 seems to work in a way that makes it fairer on the AI. Before we could list a player to get interest then offer out for 3x their value, making it far too easy to make money. Now when a player is listed, you are basically saying you don't want that player. So just like AI transfer listed players their asking price will generally be lower than their value.

If listed

Don't offer out with the fee all up front. No one will bid that amount, just like you wouldn't. Try 24 months.

I just offered out a player with a year left, valued at €2.8mil. I think I offered out at €6mil or maybe €5mil over 24 months. 5 clubs interested. 2 made bids one that was €2.5mil over 24 months and one at €5.75mil over 24 months. So you can get larger bids when offered out over a period of time.

If not listed

Either wait for a bid or offer out.

If you wait for an offer these are often over the players value, in my experience. You'll get the odd below value bid, but that's the AI testing the water. Negotiate it or reject it flat out if you don't want to sell.

Offering out when not listed can be a good way to 'push' a transfer. Yet again do as above, over a period of months, but untick the "Transfer List and set to Not Needed". This way I've sold two players valued around €2.8-€3mil for €7.5mil each. Make sure there is interest before offering out, of course.

Only draw back to offering out is clubs rarely give a negotiable offer.

I won't go into transfers in as that has been covered a fair bit in another thread. I've found FM14 far better when negotiating a transfer. You just need to be realistic about it and put in some work.

So anyways, if you £20mil valued player has plenty of interested in him, try offering out at £30-£40mil over 24-30 months. If too high though you might not get any bids.

EDIT: Important to note I've played 5 season with Rangers, with many leagues loaded. This means there are plenty of bigger clubs willing to bid on my players. Not sure how it is at top EPL level as not every club has £20-£30mil sitting around for one player.

You offer some very valid points, which I'll look into.

I do transferlist the players, but keep their squad status at whatever it is, and not 'not needed by club', in order to keep the price up. I will try offering out with a part of the amount split into payments over time. Thank you for your input on the matter :)

Those players you offer out, are they listed?

FM14 seems to work in a way that makes it fairer on the AI. Before we could list a player to get interest then offer out for 3x their value, making it far too easy to make money. Now when a player is listed, you are basically saying you don't want that player. So just like AI transfer listed players their asking price will generally be lower than their value.

This.

Also, by offering a player out, regardless of what you do to his transfer/squad status, you are effectively saying "I don't want this guy, come n buy him!"

I do, however, agree that it is a pain, but I don't see any other way around it.

This.

Also, by offering a player out, regardless of what you do to his transfer/squad status, you are effectively saying "I don't want this guy, come n buy him!"

I do, however, agree that it is a pain, but I don't see any other way around it.

Not true at all in my experience. I've offered out plenty of people without transferlisting them and I got insane prices. Sitting on top of leading transfers easily at the moment, simply by offering out players for 50-60mil and having the AI cough up 45mil+ for a bunch easily.

Last case I negotiated with Juventus forever until they finally offered the 40 mil I wanted, decided why not offer him out and see if perhaps someone else is interested and voila, along comes ManCity offering 47.5 mil (I offered him at 50mil). Seems to me that as long as you don't actually transferlist someone it's all good.

Not true at all in my experience. I've offered out plenty of people without transferlisting them and I got insane prices. Sitting on top of leading transfers easily at the moment, simply by offering out players for 50-60mil and having the AI cough up 45mil+ for a bunch easily.

Last case I negotiated with Juventus forever until they finally offered the 40 mil I wanted, decided why not offer him out and see if perhaps someone else is interested and voila, along comes ManCity offering 47.5 mil (I offered him at 50mil). Seems to me that as long as you don't actually transferlist someone it's all good.

Interesting, that.. Might have to try it... I just tend to offer out players I don't want, so makes sense to list them to shift them on, and therefore, have it set in preferences to automatically transfer list player and set them to not needed when you offer them out. Might have to try it your way and see if that makes a difference...

Very nice, interesting finds, I will definitely try it out next time

Has it ever peed off or had a negative effect on the player you're offering out or do they not seem to notice?

Arsenal just put Ozil on the market as he is 'unhappy' in 2015 and his transfer request is $35m. I offer 35m and is 'rejected'. I notice it has now gone up to 62m request.

It is the last few hours of the transfer deadline day and i end up missing out as the price was just too much....I have no dramas in this happening as it was between Man Utd & Arsenal (rivals) but the player, (Ozil), should have got angry and said something to the mediaor something should`ve been said in 'news' but NOTHING was said......and while i`m here i have a very good rotational 19yo player say 'unless i sell some players in his position he will leave',i sold 2 players and he still whinged like a girl.....there needs to be something you could say to him in chat like ' hey, are you stupid, did you not see me sell 2 strikers'

Has it ever peed off or had a negative effect on the player you're offering out or do they not seem to notice?

I've only seen them become unhappy when you decline offers, which can happen anytime some random offer comes up. They seem to complain more when you transferlist them without changing their squad status, so I don't see anything really negative about it yet.

Arsenal just put Ozil on the market as he is 'unhappy' in 2015 and his transfer request is $35m. I offer 35m and is 'rejected'. I notice it has now gone up to 62m request.

It is the last few hours of the transfer deadline day and i end up missing out as the price was just too much....I have no dramas in this happening as it was between Man Utd & Arsenal (rivals) but the player, (Ozil), should have got angry and said something to the mediaor something should`ve been said in 'news' but NOTHING was said......and while i`m here i have a very good rotational 19yo player say 'unless i sell some players in his position he will leave',i sold 2 players and he still whinged like a girl.....there needs to be something you could say to him in chat like ' hey, are you stupid, did you not see me sell 2 strikers'

I agree. The game does seem to ignore certain situations and leave you hanging without any way to react/handle it. In 2013 there seemed to be more ways to make a player unsettled, so the club would end up selling him to you as well.

Archived