Is this cheating?

I play as Barcelona and transferlist and loan out all the b team and the youth team, making a huge wage budget/transfer budget, is this cheating?

No but it means you have no youth or younger players to come through the ranks, if there are any budding world stars in amongst the squads, you've just decided to get shot of them for a few extra quid :confused::confused:

No but it means you have no youth or younger players to come through the ranks, if there are any budding world stars in amongst the squads, you've just decided to get shot of them for a few extra quid :confused::confused:

The OP doesnt say they scrap the youth team all together so they will still get youth coming through the ranks.

OP, Barcelona is one of the teams that produces quality newgens almost every season. I'd look towards developing them before selling them. Whats the point in selling them on the cheap when no doubt in a few years you'll be buying them back for an insane amount.

The OP doesnt say they scrap the youth team all together so they will still get youth coming through the ranks.

OP, Barcelona is one of the teams that produces quality newgens almost every season. I'd look towards developing them before selling them. Whats the point in selling them on the cheap when no doubt in a few years you'll be buying them back for an insane amount.

Just noticed that ta, yea he's loaning some out.

Wouldn't say it's cheating at all, but if you have come on here to get opinion then you probably aren't comfortable with it yourself!

If its working though fair play. My current Cambridge save I have something like 11 of my 14 U-18's out on loan and have nobody in my U-21 squad so in essence i'm doing the same thing surely? Our reasons for doing it are the only difference.

I'm doing the same as kris0710

basically all 17yos (and older) are out on loan for me, unless they're in the first team (or noone wants them.... hai MarkGonzalez)

I farm them all out because playing football is better for their development (provided their facilities aren't crap) - and then I can quickly turn them into profit (turned DeLanlay into a 9m profit, never played a game for me [out on loan at Newcastle, then Lyon])

Well look at this way, its your team and you are the manager, you are perfectly entitled to do whatever hell you want (sell Messi even, assuming if there are takers). Though I remember Barca having a few high potential youngsters in their ranks, so sure you want rid of them?

FM2014 can be a tricky game, but in one regard, it's very easy, almost too easy: It's absolutely no problem to draft and sign the best talents from all over the world, almost with no competition from your rivals. Especially if you are a club with a reputation like Barca (and you don't even need that, works fine for lower reputation clubs as well). This means that indeed investing time and money into your youth squad is, albeit it can be a lot of fun and very rewarding from a "roleplaying" point of view, not necessary. You can get plenty of young talents simply from scouting and snatching them away.

I often wish that in this regard, FM would be less streamlined in the development of young players. If you find the right potentials, set them up with the right tutors, and know a bit about your training, then the only thing that can hinder these becoming superstars is injuries. It's, fortunately, not as simple as that in real life. There are youngsters who simply can't deal with the pressure. There are youngsters who get caught up in some "alcohol" or "disco" scandal and damage their careers. There are agents who tell those youngsters that they have to leave for China or Quatar or Matchachatchachachakala or other weird places. There are, quite often, players dubbed "future talents" who turn out to be misjudged. I would wish for a bit more thrill and challenge in this regard.

Or to answer the question: No, it's not cheating. But it might be, to a certain way, an exploit of the game mechanics and the very forseeable development of young players.

FM2014 can be a tricky game, but in one regard, it's very easy, almost too easy: It's absolutely no problem to draft and sign the best talents from all over the world, almost with no competition from your rivals. Especially if you are a club with a reputation like Barca (and you don't even need that, works fine for lower reputation clubs as well). This means that indeed investing time and money into your youth squad is, albeit it can be a lot of fun and very rewarding from a "roleplaying" point of view, not necessary. You can get plenty of young talents simply from scouting and snatching them away.

I often wish that in this regard, FM would be less streamlined in the development of young players. If you find the right potentials, set them up with the right tutors, and know a bit about your training, then the only thing that can hinder these becoming superstars is injuries. It's, fortunately, not as simple as that in real life. There are youngsters who simply can't deal with the pressure. There are youngsters who get caught up in some "alcohol" or "disco" scandal and damage their careers. There are agents who tell those youngsters that they have to leave for China or Quatar or Matchachatchachachakala or other weird places. There are, quite often, players dubbed "future talents" who turn out to be misjudged. I would wish for a bit more thrill and challenge in this regard.

Or to answer the question: No, it's not cheating. But it might be, to a certain way, an exploit of the game mechanics and the very forseeable development of young players.

Totally agree mate. I hope that for future FM's, SI make it harder to build a dream team so quickly. What I want to see is fierce competition from AI clubs

AI squad building is currently horrible. It is an area that will take time to overhaul but I have trust in SI to work on this area every year.

It's not cheating, but its damn silly! Quite why you would need a massive transfer budget playing as Barcelona I don't know, they obviously have one of the best squads in world football.

If you neglect your youth teams, you will need a big transfer budget in the future, so the best thing to do would be to plough what money you have into your youth teams, coaches, facilities etc as your first team is easily good enough to win everything for the next few years anyway.

Although of course, as you are the manager, it is entirely your choice!:)

Firstly I don't see why you care to ask? The game comes with the option to buy a cheating tool as a DLC.

Everybody should be able to play the game to his liking. Thus, if you want to cheat, feel free. It doesn't affect anyone but yourself, as long as you don't do that in multi-player games (which is a big no-no of course). Unless you want to brag on here with cheated success, nobody has the right to accuse or blame you for anything :)

Hence I think it's fairly pointless of you asking. Just provokes unwarranted slander.

That said, I wouldn't consider getting rid of the reserves and youths cheating.

I think Barcelona did something similar irl, some years ago, when they sold Fabregas and Pique, among others.

Rumours has it that even Messi had been on the transfer list a couple of times when he was e teenager: first time because they couldn't afford his (and his family's) living expenses, second time because he had to be registered as foreigner and Barcelona already had three non-EU players in the first team.

I think Barcelona did something similar irl, some years ago, when they sold Fabregas and Pique, among others.

Rumours has it that even Messi had been on the transfer list a couple of times when he was e teenager: first time because they couldn't afford his (and his family's) living expenses, second time because he had to be registered as foreigner and Barcelona already had three non-EU players in the first team.

I dont think Pique and Fabregas were sold. They was young and offered contracts by United and Arsenal and they accepted. United and Arsenal only had to pay minimal compensation to Barcelona.

Everybody should be able to play the game to his liking. Thus, if you want to cheat, feel free. It doesn't affect anyone but yourself, as long as you don't do that in multi-player games (which is a big no-no of course). Unless you want to brag on here with cheated success, nobody has the right to accuse or blame you for anything :)

That said, I wouldn't consider getting rid of the reserves and youths cheating.

Perfect summary to "cheating" in fm. In single player ther is no definiton, it's jsut how bad you feel about it yourself.

End of day in one of my first seasons in fm I was 4th on the last day with Spurs and knowing a draw at home to cardiff would get me it, i lost 1-0 and thought f it, I'm replaying that and then won 2-0 so cl the next season.

Yes if i was away to man city then fair enough Id feel like it was "cheating" if then I kept doing it until I got a draw but no I felt sod that I desevered 4th and played on without a 2nd thought.

There's degrees of cheating. Sometimes its just taking advantage which is fair enough but replaying games is a whole different thing. He's not cheating himself cos he doesn't care, and he's not cheating anyone else but the gods of ethics just died.

Just saying what I did and this was mid November time, end of day I did everything "right" and thought the least I should get against cardiff (relegated) at home was a draw hence CL football the next season.

I didnt hence thought, why should I bother to have a "repeat" season in europa, this is my game, my money, I fancy next season in the CL, No problem.

Again as said if it were a much tougher last game then I would not have done it because I would have known all along it was a tough ask to get hence should have done it sooner.

That one is just obscenely cheating.

Of course it is. Is there any specific reason why you care?

Just saying what I did and this was mid November time, end of day I did everything "right" and thought the least I should get against cardiff (relegated) at home was a draw hence CL football the next season.

I didnt hence thought, why should I bother to have a "repeat" season in europa, this is my game, my money, I fancy next season in the CL, No problem.

Again as said if it were a much tougher last game then I would not have done it because I would have known all along it was a tough ask to get hence should have done it sooner.

Don't defend yourself. It makes it seem as if you had any reason to do so.

Archived