Enough is enough...

Sorry SI, but you've lost me now.

I have never been more disappointed and disillusioned with a Football Manager game than I have with FM2014.

For starters, the ME is more flawed when compared to previous releases. How often do you see professional footballers standing still and watching a ball come 50 yards down pitch towards them only to react after it's bounced 20 yards behind them and their player has run past him? How many times do players misplace 2 yard passes? How many times to players get the ball in the centre circle with multiple options to pass to, only to hoof it back to the keeper?

And before I get flamed and have "It must be your tactics" rammed down my throat again, it's not tactics, it's the game.

And as for fluidity... Why should it take 8, 9, 10 weeks for a basic 442 tactic to become fluid? Are you telling me the players are that dumb? Come on!

Player instructions appear to be a waste of time, rarely do players do as instructed even when fluid.

All in all, I have to say that I HATE this version of the game, which is a real shame as I have had immense enjoyment with every other version since CM93/94.

This is purely my opinion, I'm sure there are many of you out there who don't agree with it, and frankly fair play to you, but I've thrown in the towel and given up. Gone are the days when someone could sit down and PLAY the game. If I wanted to get into the finer details of tactical nuances I'd go do a FA Coaching course and manage a local Sunday League team, but I don't, I want to sit down, PLAY, and ENJOY a Football Manager game. Again, I'm sure that there are many out there who disagree, and again I say fair play to you, but I would wager that they are in the minority, and the majority of people who purchase the game are doing just that - purchasing a game.

I think you have lost sight of this SI, but if this is a road that you wish to carry on down then perhaps you would consider introducing dome kind of 'difficulty' setting, similar to the way you launched Classic mode for users who don't have the time to dedicate to the game, perhaps you could introduce a 'Game' mode and a 'Simulation' mode to satisfy both camps?

If SI ever introduced any sort of "difficulty" settings I'd instantly be a lost customer. I think you'll be surprised just how many others would feel the same. It's hard enough to balance the ME with a level playing field for everyone, let alone starting to introduce buffs and nerfs depending on how easy you want it.

• Administrators

There's been a difficulty setting for a long time - your experience at the start of the game. Fair enough you have an opinion, but please keep it constructive and in the feedback thread please - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378442-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.2.1-Feedback-Thread

Thanks.

Archived