Is The Defence In The Latest Version Bugged?

Almost every goal I'm conceding I'm seeing my defenders not react it's getting beyond a joke. I can deal with it when I'm in League One and challenging for the promotion but now I'm in championship it's going to get me relegated at this rate. Offside trap just seems broken and without it the problem still persists. Seems like it's a problem with Complete Wing-backs pushing forward to pressure when they're told to not close down.

Its your tactics.......

Seriously, are you complaining about CWB's not being able to defend properly when they have an attack duty?

If you want help with it, start a detailed thread in the tactics section where you can have your tactics analysed and some suggestions and advice as to how to solve your problem.

The attacks come through the centre 80% of time. CWB's are the obvious thing to look at as they leave the defensive line but then they pass it central and its like the CB's aren't sure whether to push wide or not when there's no reason to push wide at all.

EDIT - I don't really concede from crosses or wide play its more so central play and hoof ball to their striker who beats my defender 1 on 1 more often than not.

Yeah I know the defending is dire but when I'm dominating league one and completely annihilating teams I don't care for the most part. Just like how the majority of people play as Barcelona or other top teams... I could have 2 defenders and win the league. The problem is when your a team that's holding on for dear life and you see a really, really poor attempt of a challenge in the ME. I know my tactics aren't right at the minute but I'm trying to replicate a style of football beyond what my team is capable of. I just definitely know part of the defending is bugged.

Its your tactics.......

Seriously, are you complaining about CWB's not being able to defend properly when they have an attack duty?

It's not like "tackling" and "marking" remain as primary attributes even when on attack duty, right? Right?

Having them push forward on attack means that they should be easy to leave behind on the counterattack, not just standing there on the defense. Your way of thinking is ridiculous. Attack assignment doesn't mean they transform to strikers.

Definitely a bug.

Or not...

I would definitely post up your set up in the tactical section OP, that said if you have a specific example post a PKM please. But all in all, no, defence is not bugged. getting opened up that easily is almost certainly something that you need to adjust.

It's not like "tackling" and "marking" remain as primary attributes even when on attack duty, right? Right?

Having them push forward on attack means that they should be easy to leave behind on the counterattack, not just standing there on the defense. Your way of thinking is ridiculous. Attack assignment doesn't mean they transform to strikers.

Tackling and marking become irrelevant if you are not in the right position to intervene.

One thing I found really helpful was something Cleon goes into on the tactics forum. He shows how he watches the game AFTER the result has been determined. This way he can play and pause the game at any time to see the position of his players. I did this live as well as in replay and it helps massively. I found myself pausing the game and thinking 'what the hell is he doing there!!??', only to find the said player was instructed to perform an attacking role. Upon changing him to support the difference was just what I wanted.

This theory can be applied to any instruction but helps to show where you could be going wrong.

Sounds like you need a DM to me.

My thoughts exactly.

I usually play a flat 442 but after the patch I encountered the same problem as OP. Mostly it's down to one opposition striker dropping deep to receive and his partner running into the space left by my CB who foolishly tries to close down even though he is miles from goal. A simple though ball and they are one-on-one. When I put a DMC there he takes care of the deep striker and thus there is no open gaps to run into. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanJM View Post

Its your tactics.......

That's a ridiculous comment!

of course the CWB does not become a striker, but certainly when I use a CWB, they are often my most advanced player on the flank. They cannot tackle and mark if they are far up the pitch!

You absolutely have to balance a CWB with a DM or at least a CM/D on that side of a pitch to cover a CWB.

Archived