Does the fitness coach take physio responsibilities if no physio is employed by the club?

I started a new game with U Craiova yesterday who have no backroom staff. Now i saw that i was allowed 3 backroom staff for the first team and went out and hired a goalkeeping coach, coach and fitness coach. When trying to hire a head physio I realised that i had no room for anymore staff.

My question is would my fitness coach pick up the responsibilities of a physio or is my whole team done for unless i sack one of my newly appointed coaches and hire a physio?

(I prefer the old system where you had allowances per type of staff member rather than just one big pot. Then again it seems to change every year at the moment so it'll probably be back to what it was back in FM2011.)

I think I had a similar situation and they didn't do anything. I didn't get an message when players got injured and it probably took them longer to recover. You can still play like that, it's just annoying to have surprise injuries when you go to select your team.

iirc it doesnt make much of a difference if you don't have a physio... there was a similar thread not so long ago, I'll have a look and see if i can find it...

edit to add: Found this in another thread...

As far as I understand it, the way the game calculates injury times is as follows: Every injury has a minimum base number of days, plus a variable number of additional days. The additional days are largely dependent on the quality of your physio staff.

If you have no physio, your injuries will simply tend towards the higher end of the possible range of injury length.

Other staff may have some impact on injury times, but the little bit of testing I've done didn't show much of anything in that regard.

Well i just wondered because you see a lot of Fitness coaches who have really high physiotherapy stats and rubbish coaching fitness stats so wondered if there was a point to that.

From what i found it seems that having a physio is essential having lost 5 players to injuries in my first match and all of them were out for 5 to 6 weeks. Also couldn't get the conditions levels of my players above 80 percent even by the end of pre-season. I'll probably just start again and hire a physio this time and just sack off the goalkeeping coach.

Being a student physiotherapist myself. I would love to see this area of the game developed in the same way as the training and youth facilities. Enabling the recovery of elite players in much quicker times than say non-league.

As at the moment I don't see the need in having more than one physio and that side of game is dull and frustrating with the amount of injuries ocurring at the moment.

Archived