Tackling success rates are far too high

Tackling success rates are currently averaging over 70% and often over 80% and sometimes 90%. The highest in the Premier League this weekend was 62% and most teams had a success rate below 50%.

This benefits defensive, low ability teams as they can tackle with impunity all over the pitch with a very low chance of giving away fouls. It also proves incredibly destructive for high ability but low bravery creative players who generally get nervous and play badly when subjected to a large amount of hard tackles. Ozil is currently transfer listed for £14m in the third season of my current save and underperformed badly in his first two seasons. He averaged only 6.8 over 41 matches. This is also compounded by generally lenient refs who let the same players repeatedly foul without giving yellow cards.

I assume this is because the current match engine is a hodge podge of code and that tackling success rate was drastically increased to reduce the number of goals scored. This is a poor solution to the problem of bad defending.

you guys are absolutely right, the AI win the ball back far too easy, and mostly in the last minute of games, its almost impossible to dribble past anyone

This is another issue. Unless the player is very strong and has very good balance, then they invariably fail to dribble past the defender who just dives in with a desperate last ditch tackle which is usually successful.

you guys are absolutely right, the AI win the ball back far too easy, and mostly in the last minute of games, its almost impossible to dribble past anyone

Whilst I agree that the tackle success rates seem higher than they should be (and I'm sure this'll get moved/directed to the feedback thread soon enough), don't forget the same is just as true for your team as it is for the AI.

Same for AI and you, as Lawlore said. I raised this in the feedback thread. It's far too high when you watch on comprehensive. I'm playing in SPL with Rangers and I rarely see a game below 75%. Normally it's 85%-90% which is far too high, for both sides. I think real life figures are around 40%-60%. There should be more overturning of possession from misplaced passes and interceptions not tackles.

EDIT: Also far too many successful slide tackles, even one from behind and in the box. The number of times I've seen my striker through on goal and get tackled successfully from behind is too high. IRL this is a risky tackle as if unsuccessful it's a straight red. I'm not sure I've even seen a player foul in this case. Needs some tweaking.

Archived