Players being removed from shortlist

I guess it is only a minor annoyance, but it seems to have been going on for ages, and I am not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, or something wrong with the game.

I will add a player to a shortlist and make sure he is added indefinitely. Yet somehow, some while later (never really looked at exactly how long as I am not sure how I could track that), I get a news item pop up to tell me the player has been removed from my records according to my instructions. Now, usually I spot these and just add them again, but sometimes these do get missed.

Anyone know if I am doing something wrong, not doing something I should be, or is this a minor bug?

It depends how you add players to the shortlist, some methods don't give you an option.

I think in the preferences there is an option as to how long you want players automatically added to the shortlist for, similar to the right click options on an individual player. Default is one year I think, try changing it to indefinitely.

Yeah, I said that though. If I click on the player and use the add to shortlist button, there is the option to add indefinitely. I make sure I use that all the time, yet still after a while I get the message that he has been removed.

If you select "Add to shortlist" from the player page or from the scout report you don't get the drop down list of options.

Also if you scout a player not on your shortlist he automatically gets added to your shortlist for the default length of time.

How not?

That seems to be the way it works for me. It always used to add them for one year, I changed the preferences in this version to indefinitely and now they get added indefinitely.

In this yeards version of the game when you scout them they do not get added to the shortlist. Unless there is an option which you have on and isn't on by default. Now when scouted they are not added to shortlist unless you click "add to shortlist" when you get the scout report back.

In this yeards version of the game when you scout them they do not get added to the shortlist. Unless there is an option which you have on and isn't on by default. Now when scouted they are not added to shortlist unless you click "add to shortlist" when you get the scout report back.

Hmmm, not sure now.

If you scout a country it doesn't add the players to the shortlist as it leaves them in the scout report. If you scout a player I thought it automatically added them (It certainly used to in older versions), would need to check my save to be sure, maybe I have changed the preferences somewhere :confused:

The default is what you're describing.

Under Staff Responsibilities --> Personal Assistant: "When you scout a player, add him to your shortlist for:"

Default is "Don't Shortlist", but you can change that.

Archived