For or against Che Guevara

Should SI have used Che Guevara?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI have used Che Guevara?

• Yes
    • No
    • I really, really, really don't care.

What people don't like is that this is a man who has ordered and carried out the deaths of thousands of people in Latin America. By using an image of Ché simply to advertise a "revolutionary" feature in the game SI is making light of this situation.

perfect el zar

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO. the guy was a marxist leftist against everything that western civilization stands for. he's become a cultural icon because his face is plastered all over t-shirts, posters, & now our beloved FM. a vast majority of people have no idea who he was or what he stood for. i'm quite disappointed in SI for associating itself with someone like guevara.

why not produce alternate versions with hitler, stalin, & mao?

Or George W. Bush

no, he (george w. bush) ordered the liberation of 2 of the world's most repressed countries that WERE ruled by brutal dictators (or group of dictators) that killed vast numbers of their own people. not to mention the fact that they also harbored or supported a terrorist group that killed thousands of my innocent countrymen. now iraq & afghanistan are run by democratically elected governments as voted upon by their own people.

no, he (george w. bush) ordered the liberation of 2 of the world's most repressed countries that WERE ruled by brutal dictators (or group of dictators) that killed vast numbers of their own people. not to mention the fact that they also harbored or supported a terrorist group that killed thousands of my innocent countrymen. now iraq & afghanistan are run by democratically elected governments as voted upon by their own people.

Yes he did, and now more civilians are killed in those 2 countries than ever before.

But this is meant to be a forum Football Manager, so why dont we try and cut out the political dross.

Arguably, Batista's fascist regime was as bad or worse than Castro's. However, since Batista was supported by the US, they obviously set out to demonise Castro, hence him moving to associate with the Communist powers, although he himself was never strongly Communist. Che Guevara was an idealist, and he fought for the (admirable) ideals of Communism. However, he fell into the trap of murdering in the name of these ideals. Arguably, Communism is the best form of government, but unable to work in practice, but if it did. Having read a fair amount on Che, Mao and Stalin, I feel it is unfair to compare him to them.

In case it wasn't clear, what I'm trying to say is this: I admire his ideals, and the sharing the wealth aspects of communism, however I abhorr their implementation and the sh*t that gets carried out because of it.

As Churchill said, 'Democracy is the worst possible form of government, except all the others that have been tried'

now iraq & afghanistan are run by democratically elected governments as voted upon by their own people.

Like Iran... who still wants to wipe countries off the planet.

As for Che Guevara... who cares? They used it as a pop culture symbol for revolution, not to advocate Che.

What people don't like is that this is a man who has ordered and carried out the deaths of thousands of people in Latin America. By using an image of Ché simply to advertise a "revolutionary" feature in the game SI is making light of this situation.

Let's have IRA or ETA in some ad to see if Euros will like it. :D

Archived