[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted for a while so I thought I'd update. I'm working on improving the major central European leagues which haven't had much attention for a while. I have just finished the Italian league, I have reviewed all current images and added new images to expand to include Serie C. This doubles the number of images for the Italian leagues. I am now going to look at Spain, then Germany and France.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

A quick update as I haven't posted for a while. I'm close to posting an update, I want to wait until after the champions league final so I can update all of the competition backgrounds for next season.

I have done a lot of work on the Italian and Spanish leagues. I was hoping to do a bit more in Germany but haven't got around to it. I've also just got back from a trip round Wales with the family, I stopped off and took pictures of a further 30 clubs myself including the big Welsh teams (including some Welsh premier league teams). Also the teams from the South-West (Bristol etc.).

I've slowed down a bit with my work on the pack. This is mainly because as I move to more obscure clubs it becomes more difficult to get pictures. It takes longer and also it is more frustrating so holding my interest is a bit more difficult. I'm continuing to work on the pack however. Positively though, as good quality cameras on phones have proliferated over the last few years there are a lot more pictures available out there. It is significantly more easy (and possible) to get good pictures of teams now than it was six years ago when I started working on the pack.

I have now taken pictures myself of almost 200 grounds. I'm not the worlds best photographer and use a little 80 quid Canon IXUS. I do know the type of picture I like from doing the pack though so I think I get a decent picture usually. I enjoy the trips out, it gives me an excuse to have a nice drive that can be very pleasant.

7 hours ago, Andrew Haines said:

A quick update as I haven't posted for a while. I'm close to posting an update, I want to wait until after the champions league final so I can update all of the competition backgrounds for next season.

I have done a lot of work on the Italian and Spanish leagues. I was hoping to do a bit more in Germany but haven't got around to it. I've also just got back from a trip round Wales with the family, I stopped off and took pictures of a further 30 clubs myself including the big Welsh teams (including some Welsh premier league teams). Also the teams from the South-West (Bristol etc.).

I've slowed down a bit with my work on the pack. This is mainly because as I move to more obscure clubs it becomes more difficult to get pictures. It takes longer and also it is more frustrating so holding my interest is a bit more difficult. I'm continuing to work on the pack however. Positively though, as good quality cameras on phones have proliferated over the last few years there are a lot more pictures available out there. It is significantly more easy (and possible) to get good pictures of teams now than it was six years ago when I started working on the pack.

I have now taken pictures myself of almost 200 grounds. I'm not the worlds best photographer and use a little 80 quid Canon IXUS. I do know the type of picture I like from doing the pack though so I think I get a decent picture usually. I enjoy the trips out, it gives me an excuse to have a nice drive that can be very pleasant.

Nice to hear.

• 1 month later...

It's been over a year but I've just released an update. This is a significant update as it's been so long. The Italian and Spanish leagues have been completely overhauled. There are numerous updates in other leagues, to my memory Russian, Sweden and Norway got most of the attention as I've played in those leagues. Lots of updates in England. I have added my own pictures of another 50 clubs taking the total to 221 clubs for which at least the main picture I took myself.

The download link is on the initial post.

7 hours ago, Andrew Haines said:

It's been over a year but I've just released an update. This is a significant update as it's been so long. The Italian and Spanish leagues have been completely overhauled. There are numerous updates in other leagues, to my memory Russian, Sweden and Norway got most of the attention as I've played in those leagues. Lots of updates in England. I have added my own pictures of another 50 clubs taking the total to 221 clubs for which at least the main picture I took myself.

The download link is on the initial post.

Thank you very much for your hight quality pack.

On 29/10/2017 at 00:32, Andrew Haines said:

Can anyone confirm if this is still working with Fm18? I'm not getting it until the patch in March. 

Been working in the beta for me just fine :-) Thanks for doing this, this is one of the first things I download each year when I get the new FM. Your work is probably one of the most important things in my entire game when it comes to immersion. I’ve actually taken and rejected job offers based on whether or not I like the clubs stadium pic! Keep up the great work 👍

Cheers @NavyWolf1987 and @ltdamn, Glad your enjoying the pack. 

It has to be said, I usually pick clubs based on whether I like the stadium pic. I ditched a save as Merthyr Town after two months of play because the picture was a bit depressing. I drove a long way to get that picture but it was grey and misty there and I found it a little depressing looking at it all the time..

Andrew just want to add my thanks as well.  The game doesn't really get going for me until I import your backgrounds.  Game immersion doubles so as I say, a heart felt thanks.

Just to check, it says above somewhere that these work in FM18.  How do you know this if no skins have been made yet?

4 hours ago, slav85 said:

i cant get this working in 18 on the base skins, how have those of you that have it working managed to do so? 

Background images will only show in the Football Manager and Football Manager Light default skins, not the Football Manager Dark Skin.

If you are using the Dark skin you'll need to wait until the full release when the skin can be modified.

1 minute ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Background images will only show in the Football Manager and Football Manager Light default skins, not the Football Manager Dark Skin.

If you are using the Dark skin you'll need to wait until the full release when the skin can be modified.

I'm on the standard skin so good on that front, do I need to change the config file data at all?

Archived