(Suggestion) Club Improvement Estimates

(I'm not sure where to post suggestions. Admins, if this is the wrong place please move to the correct place, thanks!)

* Would love to hear SI's reply... *

When talking to the board about upgrading facilities, or relaying pitch, or whatever that requires construction, time and money...maybe it would be a great idea to have that mentioned in the boardroom chat. After the board thinks its a "go" (either cuz manager forced it, or board just happy about it), it would be nice to have another small chitchat on the line of...

"The proposed XXX is estimated to start on 2015 June 20 and finish on 2016 June 20. Is this alright with you?"

Maybe also offer to view what is in construction within the chat.

Why I suggest this? read on...

I'm playing Vauxhall in an attempt to bring my club from the very bottom to the very top. First season, I beefed up my club with many new signing of n/c players and I won 1st in Skrill North and got promoted. Upon promotion, board excitedly started building a new stadium, I'm cool with that. At the start of the second season, I had to improve my squad quality so I asked the board to improve my training facilities (from poor to something...). They approved as I got some money sitting around.

Then, right before the end of my last game in second season, my pitch condition is just "Terrible". I was seeing some funny stuff happening in the game...and I saw that my stadium will not finish until the end of 3rd season...so I asked my board to relay my pitch. This is BEFORE my last game in early May. I forced the board to approve, thinking that they will get down to it NOW! So I get a new pitch at the start of 3rd season...

Then...I realized...the pitch will not be laid until the end of 3rd season...AFTER I get my new stadium.

Now that I see that, I understood why the board disagreed with relaying the pitch. I thought its cause the club isn't rich. Now, I can't cancel the relay pitch, as I don't see an option to do that...so I'm doomed to get hit on the relay pitch cost (I'm a poor club T_T).

~SIGH~

Edit: It's Career mode, not FMC.

A few things here... you are obviously playing FMC, so, first thing first, any suggestion would go in the suggestion thread in the FMC section but... this is a bug so it is best to go to the FMC bugs section and post this and probably to upload your save also.

A few things here... you are obviously playing FMC, so, first thing first, any suggestion would go in the suggestion thread in the FMC section but... this is a bug so it is best to go to the FMC bugs section and post this and probably to upload your save also.

Nope, my save is the regular career mode. I have yet to try the classic mode tho.

Well, I didn't put this into the bug section cause this is more of a feature missing. Hence I hesitate to post inside the bug section...unless that is where suggestions go as well...

PS: I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Will check back again later~

When you click on the Boardroom tab it will tell you the estimate completion dates with a bar that fills up.

In addition when you have a request approved there will be an inbox message stating the estimate completion time and cost. I take screenshots of these whenever it happens so I can look back on the costs.

Not only that you will get another message stating when construction starts and an update cost/timeframe.

In my case my stadium expansion was estimate at being €10mil, but when they started building it the cost was estimated at €18mil. Over that planning stage the club decide to just go all out and expand by 13000 seats.

I don't think there needs to be much more than this. For starters the board won't ask you "is that ok with you" because that's the boards job, it has nothing to do with the manager. They do the planning and decision making, you merely suggest it. I think what you need was the board to say, "We are building a new stadium therefore won't be paying for the current stadiums pitch to be relayed".

You can't cancel those thi either, because yet again it isn't your job. The only way it will get cancelled is if you have no money in your bank balance when the construction date is set to begin. The board will normally say "The construxtion of XXXXX was cancelled due to a lack of funds".

Archived