Athletic Club Bilbao style player restrictions on other teams.

CurnRaisin

Hi, as most of you are probably aware Athletic Club Bilbao have a rule (that is included in FM) of only allowing players of Basque Nationality to play for them, in FM the game will just not allow you to bid for non Basque players. Is there any way using the Editor to impose similar restrictions on other teams. For example Swansea and Cardiff only aloud to sign welsh players or something similar?

building your score with responses like that is pretty poor robbo.

It's hard coded Mr Raisen but what you can do is create another division for that team and a couple of others to play with the match squad rule demanding all players are home grown. then the team will only almost exclusively chase home grown players.

Try swapping Bermuda Hogges' nationality and put them in a playable league, and see if it works. Bermuda Hogges are hard-coded to only be able to sign Bermudan players, but I haven't tried to see if you can just change that nationality yet.

If it works, you could hypothetically just swap every detail (including graphics) for Bermuda and, say, Cardiff.

Try swapping Bermuda Hogges' nationality and put them in a playable league, and see if it works. Bermuda Hogges are hard-coded to only be able to sign Bermudan players, but I haven't tried to see if you can just change that nationality yet.

If it works, you could hypothetically just swap every detail (including graphics) for Bermuda and, say, Cardiff.

That's interesting. Is there a list of teams that are hard-coded like this?

I wish there was an option for this type of thing (i.e., to sign only players of a certain nationality) as well as an option to remove automatic second nationalities (i.e., Martinique and France, Puerto Rico and US, etc.). The latter would make editing the Caribbean much easier while the former would be fun to play around with.

Archived