What does" Adding New Leagues" actually do?

Yep, really stupid question. I just wanted to clarify before I decide which leagues to add to my save.

I've always just assumed Database size was a "general" size for your game world, encompassing all the players in the world.

I've never really understood exactly what adding/removing Leagues did, assumed it just added a lot more detail from each of those leagues, had them "active" in the game world, so I could see their league tables, scout more of their players/staff, and manage their teams.

Having read stuff on here recently I'm guessing this isn't the case. So forgive my obvious questions but I just want to be sure:

a) Will adding German First Division mean I can scout and sign more players from the German league? (I ask because I don't have this division added but I can scout plenty of German players)

b) Does the size of my database and the amount of leagues I have added effect my ability to SELL players at their estimated value?

c) Bearing in mind I have a poor laptop and keep my Player Count down for performance reasons; which Leagues should I add? Currently I only have English Prem/Championship but I'm definitely adding Spain, but should I add the other major European leagues too? France/Germany/Italy...I'd like Brazil and Argentina too but that will bump up the player count loads.

Any help/clarification would be greatly appreciated before I start adding Leagues to my save.

A) The game will generate more regens in those countries so you'll be able to scout and sign them. It won't have much effect on your ability to scout and sign players that are already there.

B) It can. You're more likely to get offers from clubs in playable leagues. If those offers are any good depends on which leagues you load.

C) That's up to you, but personally once I start competing in the CL I want the top competition simulated more closely, so I usually have England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy all loaded up. I also like Argentina and Brazil for regens. Russia is a good one to have loaded for selling players... lots of rich teams that will pay a premium to get top talent.

Archived