Tactic Help: 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1

Hi all, i'm looking for help on deciding firstly which tactic i should use between 4-2-3-1 and the 4-5-1 (dm, 2xcm and amr/aml).

Basically at the moment im trying to get a 4-5-1 to work with a DM, DLPs and a APa, with 2xIFa and an AF but i can't seem to get the striker or the IF's into the game and both the IF's play more like wingers by going wide the IFs.

I'd also like to try and get a 4-2-3-1 to work with IF's as i have Draxler, Januzaj and Lamela for my Man Utd with Werner and Fierro up top but again i can't get the IF's to play well and the games just seem to pass them by.

Any help on setups and shouts would be brilliant and greatly appreciated and if you need anymore information just let me know.

P.S. currently using Contol and Rigid with no shouts or player instructions.

First of neither a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 is a tactic, it's called a formation.

Second I actually use both because they aren't all that different and if your AMC can play CM and one of your CM can play DM as well you can even use the same players for both formations.

Third I recommend reading WWFans guide How to Play FM14: A Twelve Step Guide, after that read Llama's tactic about Pairs & Combinations and last but not least Cleon's Creating A Tactic - Design, Create and Maintain after you have read those three guides you should have no problems making a solid 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1.

After that it's all about giving your players the time to learn the tactic, get used to each other and use the shouts to react to what you see happening on the field.

If all that doesn't work and you are still struggling you should post here again keeping the guidlines mentioned in Asking For Help - PLEASE READ THIS in mind so it's easier for the good folks on here to help you.

Archived