Is this a bug? (Wage budget issue)

Hi,

I'm playing a career save. I started as sunday league footballer with Voasy's English Pyramid, down to lvl 11 database. ( http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=8150 )

My first job was with Barking in the Essex senior league. I was sacked at the end of the second season because I complained in the press that my request for my one year contract to be renewed was refused, despite us already winning the league with 3 games left and we had a Wembley trip in two weeks for the FA Vase final.

In the second season I got a job with newly relegated Toton in the Southern league div1sw.

The wage budget was about 750 quid a week which was much less than the previous Barking budget (2k per week) in a lower division. I understand this because Toton were struggling fianancially.

Anyway, against expectations we won the league and we were promoted to the Southern league premier division.

I had signed only a one year contract and when we won the league, I was offered a new one year contract which I delayed because I wanted to see the Budget I would get.

To survive the Southern league premier, I was going to need a much bigger wage budget.

On May 24th 2015, I recieved this message https://imageshack.com/i/j6yek5p

I thought a 2.3k wage budget was sufficient so I duly signed the new one year contract.

Then when I got to June 25th 2015, I got the season expectation page and here it is ..

https://imageshack.com/i/mvxcnrp

Now what do I do? I signed the new contract expecting 2.3k a week wage budget but instead get 750 quid.......... I can't get a mid table finish with that wage budget.

(I'm currently spending more than that because when I saw the original proposed budget, I renewed a lot of contracts that were expiring).

Is it a bug or just a damn awful board?

EDIT..... Just a thought, but when you get the seasons expectations page, why is there only a button to confirm and not one to interact with board to negotiate wage/transfer budgets?

At least if I had that option I could interact with the board and then resign if they don't improve the situation.

Never seen it drop by that much between initial and actual budgets.

It could be a bug but did anything happen finance wise between May & June?

It could also something caused by using a downloaded database.

Thanks for your reply.

You've never seen it drop by that much.......... But you have seen it drop?

The only financial event I can remember is that we avoided a tax bill.

Yes, I understand it could be a database issue, that's why I didn't post in the bugs forum.

I just need to know if it's a bug or if it's actually part of my game. The answer to that may affect what I do next in the save.

Thanks for your reply.

You've never seen it drop by that much.......... But you have seen it drop?

The only financial event I can remember is that we avoided a tax bill.

Yes, I understand it could be a database issue, that's why I didn't post in the bugs forum.

I just need to know if it's a bug or if it's actually part of my game. The answer to that may affect what I do next in the save.

Yes I have seen it drop in my save.

The year we won promotion I had a wage budget of £80k a month, initial budget was set at £120k a month (which I thought was high given the finances). The final budget was set at £110k I think. Obviously % wise that is a much smaller drop than yours was and it wasn't entirely unexpected given the state of the finances.

I more or less ignore the wage budget tbh once I've been at a club a couple of seasons. You can see yourself how much profit/loss the club is making and estimate yourself how much wages the club can afford.

Thanks again for your reply and time Cougar.

I couldn't really estimate what the wage budget would be because I know very little of the Southern premier league which we were promoted to, therefore I know little of the expected income.

If it's not a bug of some sort, it's certainly a nasty thing for the board to do. .... I think I'll resign and look elsewhere.

£750 a week in wages is massive for that level, £2,000 is a King's ransom.

Thats not the issue -)

With Barking in the Essex senior I got 2k per week budget. Toton were in the Southern League Div1sw which is a step up.

But for the board to offer 2.3k before I signed a new contract then give me 750 after I signed is either disgusting or a bug.

Also Alex, is there any possibility that we could get a "Negotiate with board" option on the seasons expectations screen?

Was the Barking job started in the 1st season? If it was I'd suggest that the wage budget is a data issue linked to the custom league edit & the game is undertaking a large scale budget correction based on the income/expenditure of clubs as the game progresses.

It is also a feature of the game that some boards might not deliver on the promised budget once you take a job, one of your screenshots even states that the £2300 budget might be altered once the season expectations are agreed upon, unfortunately the board appear to have been economical with the truth when offering you the job which is not a new concept.

Thnx for your reply Alex.

yes the Barking job was first season 2013/14.

It is now the start of the 2015/16 season (Third season) and I have resigned as Toton manager due to the board missleading me with the budgets. I would act the same way in RL.

I have now accepted the job as manager of Hastings in the Isthmian Prem. My expectation is avoid relegation and my wage budget is 3.2k with 10k transfer budget.

Archived