Job status

Is it ever possible to get more than about 10-15% for job status in the confidences screen? I'm on a successful run with my team (4 back-to-back league titles, plus a Champions League win) and I've just signed a new contract for the maximum amount of time possible. But I'm still on just 11% job status, because apparently it would be easy for the chairman to fire me. Is this because I have an impatient board, or is this the same at every club?

thebadger, I've been wondering about this too. Most of my other confidence bars are sky-high, yet job status is 10-12% (even after I won the Champions League). I suspect it's because I'm at a massive club and they can afford to fire whatever manager they want to. But it is slightly alarming - however well I do in all my other aims, because they can fire me at any given point, I'm never above about 65% confidence overall.

At lower league teams, I've had the Job Status high due to a poor club signing me to a long contract, making it expensive to sack me. Whether there's any other factor considered for Job Status, I don't know. I'd guess for wealthy clubs it probably will always stay pretty low.

• 1 month later...

I just signed a 5 year contract for £78,000 p/w with Fulham as a reward for the success I've brought the club, significantly better than the contract I was on (2 and a half years left at £58k) and my job status bar has stayed the same at 14%. Is it bugged? Certainly seems like it.

We're #3 in Europe. I would understand it still being pretty low, but the new contract made it almost 3x more expensive to sack me, it doesn't seem right to me that the job status hasn't moved at all.

As said above though, lower leagues main motivation for keeping you is the financial implications. Once you get to the top leagues, money becomes less of an issue and hence contracts don't really mean as much (as per real life). The only thing stopping them sacking you at the top is the potential fan and/or player backlash.

To be honest, the best indicator of job security is your fixture results - if you see lots of red and yellow, start packing up your desk. If you're producing good results and meeting board expectations, you don't need to be worrying about job status percentages.

Archived