Hitting the woodwork

Is there a way to see how many times you've hit the woodwork in each game? Not sure if it's just me & my team/tactics but from the highlights it seems to happen extremely often, multiple times a match. I don't recall having this issue in previous versions of the game & although I'm doing ok the game seems unrealistic, which is kind of spoiling it for me.

Is there a way to see how many times you've hit the woodwork in each game? Not sure if it's just me & my team/tactics but from the highlights it seems to happen extremely often, multiple times a match. I don't recall having this issue in previous versions of the game & although I'm doing ok the game seems unrealistic, which is kind of spoiling it for me.

Click on match stats and "customise". You can add woodwork to the stats.

Thanks, I've had a look at recent matches & it seems to have suddenly got a lot worse in the last 10 or so games, has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas how to rectify it?

Annoyingly I also average around 3-4 woodwork hits a match, had as high as seven in one game (there was extra time in a League Cup match, but still) and am pretty much guaranteed at least two, be them from crosses which ping off the crossbar, from goalmouth scrambles, etc... This is generally the same for the opposition too.

Sadly been unable to cut these events down, but if anyone has encountered this problem and been able to tone it down a little (though that would simply feel like adapting tactics simply to counteract M.E problems) would be interested to hear how...

Stats show I average about 2 or 3 hits per match too... surely that's too high? It shouldn't just be 'that's the way it is' & I'm sure SI don't think that way. I read they're looking into the amount of corners per game so could this be something similar/related?

Also, when looking at the stats for cances that hit the woodwork it's become very clear that the opposition don't suffer from this issue. I do tend to have more possession & more chances which obviously increases the likelihood of hitting a post or the bar but even so it looks almost like a handicap.

Personally, I quite like the fact that the instances of hitting the woodwork is slightly higher than in real life. There are already slightly more goals in playable leagues than you get in real life, so tweaking the chances that hit the woodwork into goals isn't really an option, and if they go the other way, that's more, dull shots that go aimlessly wide.

If the trade off for this is a couple more times shots hit the bar or post, I can live with it. It's quite an exciting in-game event too.

It's quite an exciting in-game event too.

No, it's not.

As soon as you hit the woodwork when playing against a smaller team, you know it's 90% an "upset draw" where you will have 3-4 woodworks. Add 1 injury or 1 red card there and you are set.

It's not exciting, it's frustrating, when every single small team somehow upsets the odds the same way, every time.

And woodworks started being like that since FM11, it's getting kinda old and it's about time to fix them.

With respect, that's utter nonsense.

16 seasons where 80% of all the upsets are with woodworks say otherwise.

And that includes my own upsets. I reached the 32 of UEFA by beating teams like Ajax, Sevilla and Galatasaray, always thanks to some wonderful woodworks on their part. First time I won the n.irish premier league? Same thing, we had 1 point different with Linfiend, the last match was between us, guess how I won.

But hey, not 2 weeks after I beat them, I play against a team who just got promoted and my players somehow play like crap and we end up drawing 0-0, with 4 woodworks.

Small teams currently have too much of a pressure advantage, high tier players always seem to underperform against them. Even wins against them are most of the time very close matches, which is ridiculous.

I'd say only 1/5 or 6 matches that I play against EXTREMELLY smaller teams are actually won as someone would expect them to.

And woodworks are ALWAYS there when it comes to upsets. It's as if the ME has absolutely no other means on its disposal in order to create upsets other than having players bang them on the pole over and over again. I've even had players shoot, woodwork, have the ball bounce to their feet and then hit the woodwork again, on the exact same spot.

By scoring more goals than the other team?

And having my woodworks almost brought down since they hit them 3 times. And this was the easiest win I've had against them so far. Because after winning the premier, my reputation increased to a level very close to them, so I'm no longer an underdog for them, which means I no longer have the favor of somehow upsetting them with woodworks.

Good thing I still upset the odds close to every year in europe. But surprisingly, the smaller teams somehow always upset the odds against me as well. I no longer have worries about playing Linfield, I now worry about the game against the worst teams of the league,because they are always the ones who decide whether it's me or Linfield who gets the league.

I don't think that's normal.

Because after winning the premier, my reputation increased to a level very close to them, so I'm no longer an underdog for them, which means I no longer have the favor of somehow upsetting them with woodworks.

:lol: :lol:

It's actually scary that people genuinely believe this.

:lol: :lol:

It's actually scary that people genuinely believe this.

The media predictions changed from "Linfield expecting comfortable win" to the more common ones each time we played from the next season on.

So ye,I was no longer a big underdog. Which means that I lost all the advantage that it seems to bring. :rolleyes:

By the way, it's obvious that you have no clue about the reputation values in N.Ireland. They have tons of cups each season, so it's really easy to reach the top 3 if you keep winning most of them. Annual All-Ireland cap as well.

It's pretty much a guarantee to hit the woodwork at least once a match which isn't realistic IMO. I'm pretty sure SI is aware of this and is tweaking it.

Yeah, the woodwork gets hit but not EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

Right now I try and just tell myself to ignore the woodwork getting hit and just pretend the shot went flying well wide :)

There would be less people complaining if those woodwork shots went sailing wide instead but I suspect most people complaining about the woodwork are expecting SI to fix it so they are goals instead :p

There would be less people complaining if those woodwork shots went sailing wide instead but I suspect most people complaining about the woodwork are expecting SI to fix it so they are goals instead :p

I'd be happy either way, it's just that shots seem to be either shot directly at the keeper or hit the woodwork in order to emulate a wasted chance.

And it's frustrating, because woodwork means that it was that close to scoring. And having the media do the same question every few weeks gets boring.

"It was rotten luck" I reply to them, knowing that it wasn't for multiple times.

More missed shots and more active keepers would be appreciated. Maybe then keepers might actually manage to get high rating as well. I've only had my keeper get a rating of 9 once in 16 years. Even when he blocked 3 penalties on a shoot out, he only got a 6.8...

Archived