Tactics coach guidance

This has probably been covered before or elsewhere, but what should I be looking for in a tactics coach ?

I normally look for someone with a high tactical rating, along with having the same tactical preferences to my own. (at my current club that would be 4-5-1, direct, attacking, pressing, man to man).

I'm an experienced player and not sure if finding the right tactics coach is more difficult in this version...

Thanks in advance

Though the obvious 'Tactics' stat is important, in all coaches I always look for high ratings in Detemination, Discipline and Motivation as well; these are vital to the overall standard of coaching provided and simply going off 'Tactics-20' etc alone doesn't necessarily mean high quality coaching. Mental attributes, as they do with players and their performances, have a huge impact. I'd also look for someone with decent defensive knowledge if at all possible.

What Pelz said.

As far as I know all that really matters is how good he is at coaching, so that means tactical coaching + detemination, discipline and motivation. And I'm pretty sure that if you have 5 stats tactic coach your team will become fluent with your tactics more quickly.

Aside from that I also look at personality and media handling. I prefer to have staff with positive personalities like model pro, resilient, etc. Especially with youth coaches as it influences the personalities of the youth coming through.

Archived