Question About Watching Matches

It seems the team's play differently against me when I watch the match in full, but if I have it on commentary only I loose most games, but if I switch to full match view the other team seems to start playing like I expected it to. So is it just me reading to much into this or does watching the games make a big difference in your results?

This is FM mode not FMC.

I just found it weird how after falling 2-0 behind in the first 19 minutes how after switching to full match the other team couldn't even get close to my goals yet before I switched over all the commentary was talking about was the other team having chances to score. No conspiracy theory, just a standard question.

I'd bet taking that experiment one step further, that is not even kicking the match off, your opponent won't even have a single attempt at goal, 100% guaranteed. :-)

More seriously though, the events and sequences you get to see are calculated before you get to see/read anything about them. Thus it doesn't matter if you go 2d highlight/ 3d full-match, commentary, make a cup of tea -- until you or the AI make a tactical change or sub a player, that is. In any case, what you get to see or commented has already happened, so to speak, which doesn't make a difference though. In any case, picking your preferred format of presentation is no different from picking in between a camera angle in a flight sim or racing game: what happens is the same, you simply pick your desired scope and means of presentation.

It seems the team's play differently against me when I watch the match in full, but if I have it on commentary only I loose most games, but if I switch to full match view the other team seems to start playing like I expected it to. So is it just me reading to much into this or does watching the games make a big difference in your results?

This is FM mode not FMC.

I just found it weird how after falling 2-0 behind in the first 19 minutes how after switching to full match the other team couldn't even get close to my goals yet before I switched over all the commentary was talking about was the other team having chances to score. No conspiracy theory, just a standard question.

I'm confused - did it happen lots of times (as implied in your first post) or just once (as implied in your second)?

Maybe you should test it over a longer period of time? Play a full season and show highlights for the first half of each game and use only commentary for the second halves. Then come back here and post your results.

Archived