What do the different levels of coaching license do?

Sorry if this has already been answered but couldn't find an answer with search.

I'm interested not only for the different coaches but also other staff positions like Director of Youth Development.

Do they increase attribute growth? Reputation? Cosmetic? Are they required for a staff member to become a manager?

Jibby, is this a definitive answer? I've always tried to sign new coaches with no licence yet, as I have seen their progression through the levels increase their abilities by x amount. But it's always a gamble (might not get the stats you want increased, might fail the course) so would be good to know if that's a firm rule.

Not really a definitive answer, there's been quite a few threads asking this question over time (but the search engine here is squiffed, and missing a block of time of posts/threads), but all I can offer is that I and others have tried it and watched what happens, and you will get increases similar to what I say. You are right from what I remember there is the risk the attribute increases might not be the one's you want, or they may fail the course making sending them on a course a bit of a gamble either way.

Not an ideal answer, but only thing for you to do is to try it yourself. :(

Michael Pelliccioni struggling on coaching course. 10th June 2022.

San Marino Coach Michael Pelliccioni has so far failed to gain a Continental Pro License. He has been given extra time to try and complete the course.

Here is what he looks like now.

Current Qialifications: Continental A License.

Attacking 14

Defending 8

Fitness 1

Goalkeepers 4

Man Management 9

Mental 15

Tactical 12

Technical 14

Working With Youngsters 8

Adaptability 10

Determination 11

JPA 13

JPP 13

Discipline 7

Motivating 10

Physiotherapy 3

Tactical Knowledge 4

I will update if and when he gets his Continental Pro License.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember someone saying it increased the PA of the staff member which in turn will allow for attribute increases, I could be wrong though.

PA, by definition, can't increase. CA, and thereby attributes can.

PA, by definition, can't increase. CA, and thereby attributes can.

My understanding was that it was changed for staff.

If I remember right every staff member had a fixed PA of 150. Within those boundaries their CA increased (and therefore attributes) through their 30s, 40s, 50s and then reduced as they got older starting somewhere in their 50s.

I think this was more for newgen staff as opposed to players who became staff who I think kept their playing PA.

Now I think I remember reading that the PA instead of being a fixed 150 is based on the coaching licence with it increased when they passed another level with the knockon effect of their ca and therefore attributes then improving.

I could be wrong though its just something thats in the back of my mind.

Archived