Board won't allow an under-18s manager

My board won't let me hire an Under-18s Manager or Under-18s Assistant Manager and will only allow 3 Under-18s staff (e.g. under-18s coaches and physios). As a result, my under-18s coaching is awful. Anyone know of a way to rectify this?

I guess you could bring them all up to the senior team to train, make them available for the under-18's team, and don't play them on the senior team. And make a member of the senior staff the U-18 manager.

Improve the clubs finances?

I've got £20 million in balance and I'm under wage budget by £67k a week.

I guess you could bring them all up to the senior team to train, make them available for the under-18's team, and don't play them on the senior team. And make a member of the senior staff the U-18 manager.

That would work short term, but wouldn't my young players expect starting positions once I put them in the senior squad?

My board won't let me hire an Under-18s Manager or Under-18s Assistant Manager and will only allow 3 Under-18s staff (e.g. under-18s coaches and physios). As a result, my under-18s coaching is awful. Anyone know of a way to rectify this?

Why is it awful?

You can have three staff and the physio isn't really needed so you can sign three good coaches and then on the staff responsibility screen put one of them in charge of the U18s, job done.

I've got £20 million in balance and I'm under wage budget by £67k a week.

That would work short term, but wouldn't my young players expect starting positions once I put them in the senior squad?

Well, not if they're already tired from playing in the U-18 squad game a day or two earlier than the senior game. I've had U-18/U-21 players on the senior roster (mostly for cover when players get called up for internationals), but most senior squad games, they're still at 80% condition, so they don't get selected. Worst case scenario, you give them an occasional run just to prove to them they're not ready yet.

Why is it awful?

You can have three staff and the physio isn't really needed so you can sign three good coaches and then on the staff responsibility screen put one of them in charge of the U18s, job done.

My club's reputation is only national, so it's very difficult to find four or five star coaches willing to sign, especially for under-18 level.

My club's reputation is only national, so it's very difficult to find four or five star coaches willing to sign, especially for under-18 level.

You don't need four or five star coaches.

Just get three solid coaches around 2*-3* with at least one of them having management skills - Motiviation/man management/working with youngsters.

Archived