So many injuries!

There are not too many injuries, on average there are less than RL.

If you suffer a lot of injuries constantly its something you are doing - Training or tactics usually.

You could also have a lot of injury prone players or simply going through a spell of bad luck. In a squad of 25 players you should expect to have 3-6 players out at any given time.

There are not too many injuries, on average there are less than RL.

If you suffer a lot of injuries constantly its something you are doing - Training or tactics usually.

You could also have a lot of injury prone players or simply going through a spell of bad luck. In a squad of 25 players you should expect to have 3-6 players out at any given time.

yes. Reasonable injuries are welcome but when a player gets a broken toe 2-3 months, not injury prone at all. Shaqiri 6-7 months broken leg. Barkley 3 months. Regen not injury prone 2 months. Other regen 2 months. regen cb 1 month. It's a bit ridiculous.

yes. Reasonable injuries are welcome but when a player gets a broken toe 2-3 months, not injury prone at all. Shaqiri 6-7 months broken leg. Barkley 3 months. Regen not injury prone 2 months. Other regen 2 months. regen cb 1 month. It's a bit ridiculous.

Why?

If it happens to you constantly over several saves and seasons its something you are doing wrong.

If this is an isolated spell there is no issue with it except you have an unrealistic perspective of what RL clubs go through.

Why?

If it happens to you constantly over several saves and seasons its something you are doing wrong.

If this is an isolated spell there is no issue with it except you have an unrealistic perspective of what RL clubs go through.

I'm doing nothing wrong mate, I'm not new to the game. I honestly think the injuries in this game at times are ridiculous, like the game is trying to mess you up haha.

Why?

I don't get why people can't get their head around this.

If it is an impact injury then there is not an awful lot you can do about it, but certainly other issues can be influenced.

If you look at the Premiership now....

[TABLE=class: standard, width: 950]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: bold]EVERTON[/TD]

[TD=class: aligncenter]7[/TD]

[TD]A Alcaraz[/TD]

[TD]Muscle Fatigue[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]16th Feb 14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: grey, bgcolor: #EFEFEF]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]L Traore[/TD]

[TD]Hamstring Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]9th Feb 14[/TD]

[TD]Late Fit Test[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]R Lukaku[/TD]

[TD]Ankle/Foot Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]22nd Feb 14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]B Oviedo[/TD]

[TD]Broken Leg[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]no return date[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]G Deulofeu[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]9th Feb 14[/TD]

[TD]Late Fit Test[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]A Kone[/TD]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]May 14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]D Gibson[/TD]

[TD]ACL Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]May 14

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: standard]

[/TR]

[TD=class: bold]NEWCASTLE UNITED[/TD]

[TD=class: aligncenter]7[/TD]

[TD]C Tiote[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]1st Mar 14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Y Gouffran[/TD]

[TD]Muscle Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]12th Feb 14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]G Obertan[/TD]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]P Cisse[/TD]

[TD]Back Injury[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]G Bigirimana[/TD]

[TD]Ankle/Foot Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]22nd Feb 14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]F Coloccini[/TD]

[TD]MCL Knee Ligament Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]1st Mar 14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]R Taylor[/TD]

[TD]ACL Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD=class: alignright]no return date

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

That's just 2 teams in the Premiership.

1 has a recently broken leg and a ACL injury and a serious knee injury.

The other has both MCL and ACL injury, (of course to players who play in the same position).

I don't get why people can't get their head around this.

If it is an impact injury then there is not an awful lot you can do about it, but certainly other issues can be influenced.

If you look at the Premiership now....

That's just 2 teams in the Premiership.

1 has a recently broken leg and a ACL injury and a serious knee injury.

The other has both MCL and ACL injury, (of course to players who play in the same position).

It's quite funny that as I'm Everton :p I think it's more the fact I'm getting these injuries in one game. They're literally dropping like flies.

I'm doing nothing wrong mate, I'm not new to the game.

That's your mistake right there. You might be unlucky to get a string of injuries. Constantly getting it across multiple saves IS something you're doing and until you accept that and look for answers, nothing will change.

That's your mistake right there. You might be unlucky to get a string of injuries. Constantly getting it across multiple saves IS something you're doing and until you accept that and look for answers, nothing will change.

This type of thing will happen once every game for me. It usually happens when I'm flying in the league/cups. It's not every season, never said it was.

Are the players who get injured both match fit and 90-100 condition when match starts?

If you start with players lacking match fitness or condition under 90, there is higher risk of injury.

I don't start with players under 95 condition, if possible.

I do get some injuries, but they are always on manageable level.

Another thing is training. If you training is set too heavy during season, injuries will follow.

Rest days are good to use when playing several matches in short window of time.

So only injury prone players are able to pick up serious injuries are they?

Until earlier this season I had never had a bad injury in my life, absolutely nothing beyond the occasional little knock, but in a game back in August I broke my collarbone in an impact with a striker from a corner.

Doesn't matter a damn whether somebody is injury prone or not, the majority of the time, when it comes to serious injuries.

Real life comparisons don't really work in a game made with code. FM is far from realistic mate.

No I'm saying to the guy that real life comparisons from amatuer football cannot be properly compared to a game which has injury stats and is, well. A video game.

Forum wont let me edit posts.

I'm really not sure what you are complaining about tbh.

Do you feel its unfair that you've had several medium/long term injuries over short period?

Do you think Liverpool think its fair that they have four first team defenders out IRL?

Do you think Man Utd thought it was fair a couple of years ago when Michael Carrick had to play at DC due to injuries?

Injuries happen IRL and injuries happen in FM, over time they balance out as long as you aren't doing anything to increase the risk.

I'm really not sure what you are complaining about tbh.

Do you feel its unfair that you've had several medium/long term injuries over short period?

Do you think Liverpool think its fair that they have four first team defenders out IRL?

Do you think Man Utd thought it was fair a couple of years ago when Michael Carrick had to play at DC due to injuries?

Injuries happen IRL and injuries happen in FM, over time they balance out as long as you aren't doing anything to increase the risk.

I'm not getting at anything. I made a thread to vent. End of story.

You are in January, around 20 games into the season. You said you had a player injured for 2-3 months 'every single game'. Even accounting for players who would now be back from injury from the start of the season, that would still be around 15 injuries right now.

As opposed to the seven from the screenshot. Ergo, you were exaggerating.

Of course, you will have noticed no other side in the league has more than four injuries, proving injuries aren't high compared to real life, and all that's happening to you is a good old fashioned injury crisis. It happens.

You are in January, around 20 games into the season. You said you had a player injured for 2-3 months 'every single game'. Even accounting for players who would now be back from injury from the start of the season, that would still be around 15 injuries right now.

As opposed to the seven from the screenshot. Ergo, you were exaggerating.

Of course, you will have noticed no other side in the league has more than four injuries, proving injuries aren't high compared to real life, and all that's happening to you is a good old fashioned injury crisis. It happens.

It does indeed. Please refer to my last post. Thank you.

The amount of injuries I don't find to be a major issue, but it does bug me how much players get affected by certain injuries in terms of their stats. Too often a player gets a 2-3 month injury (or longer) and they get fairly hefty stat drops which they are never able to regain if they are over 24/25. I know this was supposed to have been improved a bit since last year, but it's still a system which is too one dimensional in my eyes.

Infector. Isn't this something that we want to see in the game as it is realistic?

Is your issue that you think it is happening too much or are you just venting?

I'm not really knowledgeable, but I can think of quite a few in my time who have seen a career really seriously disrupted by injury.

Rob Jones, (England and Liverpool full-back).

Dean Ashton. (England and West Ham striker).

Ledley King.

Jonathan Woodgate.

Owen Hargreaves.

Michael Owen.

Robbie Fowler.

Paul McGrath, (although alcohol obviously played a part too).

Paul Gascoigne.

Chris Kirkland.

Lional Morgan was a kid who was meant to have it all and did, (I think it was his ACL), and had to retire, but I have a feeling that he repaid his compensation and is a pro again now.

David Busst, (please ask no questions if you don't know).

Going back a bit further, Cloughy and El Tel were both special footballers who had to stop way before their prime.

I'm sure there are more, (it's late and I'm tired), but much as this is rubbish for you, I think it's a great addition to the game. Why wouldn't you want it in the game?

ps. I'm sure others can think of loads more.

Archived