Tired of being accused of tinkering

It's rant time. One accusation that is made every once in awhile is that of tinkering. After a few games of having to change formations due to injured players and getting waxed by another team, this headline comes out that "Joe Bagodonuts' tinkering finally catches up with him." With me, it's not tinkering, it's a matter of having injured players and having to adapt my formation to the best players available. It would be great if the AI was programmed to understand that formations must be changed due to injury, players away on international duty, or suspended. Okay rant over.

What's wrong with being labelled a tinkerer? I've been getting that label for the past many version of FM, and I see it as a compliment! All it means is that the recognize that you change formation now and again, which of course have some impact with tactical familiarity, but it also means that the AI doesn't know how you will line up and thus leave them exposed to complete surprises... I've had great succes with it and as long as I'm winning titles, I couldn't care less ;)

Archived