Awful team selection by ass man for pre-season friendlies

Is Steve Round trying to destroy our chances this season or what? I didn't have the gumption to handle all my friendlies this pre-season - I left them in his (in)capable hands instead. He clearly doesn't know what rotation means. Look at the calibre of players I have needing match fitness on the eve of the Community Shield. This in a pre-season of no less than TEN friendlies. Is this a bug or is he just being a **** on purpose?

Ass_man.jpg

EDIT - Just realised that Luca Antonelli is match fit at LB whereas Alaba isn't. What was SR thinking?!

Rather than adding more half-baked features to the game year on year, wouldn't it preferable that SI fixed things like this up instead? I didn't see the point in sitting through all of my pre-season friendlies - I was happy enough with my tactics. If the feature is there in the game, it should be done properly. Not like this.

Rather than adding more half-baked features to the game year on year, wouldn't it preferable that SI fixed things like this up instead? I didn't see the point in sitting through all of my pre-season friendlies - I was happy enough with my tactics. If the feature is there in the game, it should be done properly. Not like this.

How many seasons have you done in this save? Looks like a brand new team with all the new faces.

What's the point of having the feature in the game if it's not put to use properly? Could someone from SI comment on what Kojak123 said about instructions I might be able to give as to which players to select?

How do you know if its working properly or not from one screenshot?

There are several players there who don't start at Man Utd and we don't know what season the op is in.

Some of those players could have just been signed, several are marked for the reserves, we don't know his friendly schedule or who played in which games and who selected those teams.

Basically there is a lot of unknown information you need before you can come to a decision as to whether this feature is working or not.

There are several players there who don't start at Man Utd and we don't know what season the op is in.

Some of those players could have just been signed, several are marked for the reserves, we don't know his friendly schedule or who played in which games and who selected those teams.

Basically there is a lot of unknown information you need before you can come to a decision as to whether this feature is working or not.

Oh come off it, Cougar. My assistant used the same starting line-up in every pre-season friendly. Isn't the inherent point of those games that you ROTATE to spread match fitness as much as possible? It's immaterial who had been recently signed or not. Why was my assistant using Antonelli over Alaba at left back for example? Does he not realise that Alaba is twice the player? The ones marked for the reserves were marked by me in an attempt to get boost their match fitness after I realised this debacle had taken place. And guess what... they weren't used in the reserves, either.

EDIT - Brawla - thank you. I'll have a look at that.

Can I ask you something about these Friendlies? What does it means the price near a team when I want to play the friendly match away? f.e. CSKA (120.000€)

Because, when I let my assistent look after friendlies he take me a lot of home friendlies, but it seams better when I play away because of cash that I get for the match. But if it is so, how much does it cost when my team goes to an away friendly (airplane, hotel,...)?

Thanks for the answer

Until now, I never let my assistent take the friendlies, because he doesn't know what I want to see by my players.

I exclusively let my asst manager pick my squad and the feature is definitely not broken.

Archived