New chairman promises?

After three failed takeover attempts in my one club Murcia save (one of which would have been a float on the stock exchange and the club would have been quids in :() I eventually got taken over by a consortium at the end of last season (2020/21). Rafa feckin Benitez was touted to take over from me but the new chairman let me stay as the fans would have went mental if he'd sacked me according to the news item at the time :D. Anyway, first thing he did after the takeover went through was pump £45m into the clubs coffers and announced a stadium expansion of 8k and improvements to the youth and training facilities, this would have been end of May just after the takeover went through. The Spanish season updates around the 9th of July and after that he said the development of the youth and training facilities were cancelled. I wasn't too pushed about that as I've made steady progress over the last 8 seasons with the old board in improving the youth and training facilities anyway and already had them up to superb training and excellent youth facilities along with excellent junior coaching and established youth recruitment. He did follow through on the stadium expansion though so I'm going from a 33k to 41k capacity.

Just a thought: maybe the election winning chairman will try to sign the players if you have him set as able to sign players in Staff Responsibilities? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I haven't tested this because there's no way I'll let anyone else sign players for me! But when I've been in Spain, the incoming chairman 'promises' never happen.

Archived