What the hell has happened to my players history???!!!

Pelz

I've just gotten into 2016 in the game and when going to check on some previous seasons performances I noticed that my players histories, for the time they had been at my club (Ajax) have completely disappeared!!!

Everything previous to the games starts date remains and this seasons are there but in place of the 13/14/15 years there is nothing - apart from an entry that says they were at 'Algeria 01'...

... What the hell is going on?

If players histories are gone, or this happens regularly, then for me at least there is absolutely no point in continuing to play on.

Extremely frustrated!

It's your tactics.

Haha... Has to be :applause:! But on a serious note, this completely wrecks the game. Just trying to find out if there's any fix, or if anyone else has had it happen to them... If looks could kill then the one I'm giving Victor Andrade's player history right now would be locked up!

I came across this, not sure how true it is; "According to SI, this is possible caused by anti-virus scan running while the game is open which causes temporary files to be deleted which the game needs and therefore history is deleted. There is no fix for this."

I also came across this, again not sure; "Usually, this bug will happen when you use the editor or some other third party software like FMRTE"

Maybe go to bugs forum they might have more knowledge?

Thanks for the info, will look into it a little further...

I've ran no virus scan (never do that when the game's open anyway, just one of those things), have no edited data and never used FMRTE in my entire life (it's a matter of principle ;) lol).

If there is anything at all that can cause this sort of thing to happen then we should be warned, IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS when we buy the game... Seriously 'game breaking' for me.

Luckily enough I have another copy of this save from around a month earlier, being a stickler for details I often save on a monthly basis for reference etc, so can go back and hope this doesn't replicate. Guess Victor's 6 in 4 games are gone forever though!

Thanks for the info, will look into it a little further...

I've ran no virus scan (never do that when the game's open anyway, just one of those things), have no edited data and never used FMRTE in my entire life (it's a matter of principle ;) lol).

If there is anything at all that can cause this sort of thing to happen then we should be warned, IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS when we buy the game... Seriously 'game breaking' for me.

Luckily enough I have another copy of this save from around a month earlier, being a stickler for details I often save on a monthly basis for reference etc, so can go back and hope this doesn't replicate. Guess Victor's 6 in 4 games are gone forever though!

I agree about being warned. This issue needs stickied or something. I comment on every post I see regarding this issue as it's happened to me a few times after long term saves, in previous editions. Basically I have prevented it happening:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/303751-Incorrect-Player-History-displayed-of-missing.

Scroll down to my update.

You say you never ran any virus scans, neither did I, but the background scans were on. Check your virus protection's scan history. In addition running CCleaner while playing will do the same thing.

Anyways, I'd put money on the chances of your backup saves encountering this problem. Once that history temp file is removed/altered then any save from that game is effected. If you holiday until the next season clicks over you should see the player history change to Algeria.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but I prefer warning people so they don't heavily invest only for it to happen again.

As it has happened, it will happen again unless you make changes. (Add FM, My Docs-SI, Steam Apps as trusted program's/folders). *see link*

As you say it's a game breaking bug and has been for many editions. SI need to find a way so the history temp file works differently.

Archived