Defensive Recovery Problem

one of mine got outran by a guy with a green +

what annoys me more is when they stand right infront backing up, before tackling to make a corner or throw in happen, why not tackle halfway up the pitch?

or they make a tackle that misses by a country mile, or worse, they get bumped and stand there for seconds.

Guest El Payaso
When a defender gets skinned by a striker, he is often able to come back and block the shot, when the striker has 2-3 points of advantage on pace. This needs to be looked at right away.
Players should slow down when in possession, if something this is too rare in the game and it often seems that players get faster when in possession. IRL Demichelis backtracked Alexis Sanchez who was in possession and dispossessed him in game between City and Barcelona.

Players should slow down when in possession, if something this is too rare in the game and it often seems that players get faster when in possession. IRL Demichelis backtracked Alexis Sanchez who was in possession and dispossessed him in game between City and Barcelona.

Reaction time is too fast though, not to mention the frankly ridiculous ice skating that is most responsible for this.

This is a problem with wide men as well IMO. Winger skins full back yet full back gets back to block a cross.

i've often found myself throwing stuff at the screen in frustration when wingers & full backs get into excellent crossing positions and either take so long to cross that a defender can cover 15 yards to block it or not even bother attempting to cross at all.

Guest El Payaso
This is a problem with wide men as well IMO. Winger skins full back yet full back gets back to block a cross.
Bigger problem is the amount of times that winger can beat the full-back and leave him standing, it really isn't that common in real football. Dribbling just is too effective attacking tool and change of pace even from zero speed is too quick. You can basically build your whole success on wingers' ability to run with ball when they are in a mood of playing. Real football isn't about individual efforts but about playing as a team/unit.

Bigger problem is the amount of times that winger can beat the full-back and leave him standing, it really isn't that common in real football. Dribbling just is too effective attacking tool and change of pace even from zero speed is too quick. You can basically build your whole success on wingers' ability to run with ball when they are in a mood of playing. Real football isn't about individual efforts but about playing as a team/unit.

Then the way to do it is to make sure that wingers beat full backs less often, not dumb down the AI.

Archived