Decent in Defense, Great in Midfield but Toothless in Attack!

The following tactic is what I use:

Capture.jpg

I'm able to somehow pull off wins in the odd or even game but unable to score goals or create great chances.

If I actually create chances, stupid strikers just get tackled and fall down (get up you kid) or plain run into defenders like they say "Boss I need some tea so I'll let the defender have the ball".

I wanted to figure out myself as it is fun but I would like to know what is it that is going wrong before I get really sacked.

I would suggest changing Suarez to either a DLF or F9 and giving your AMC an attack duty. Right now you only have two players attacking and one is a fullback...and you're complaining about a lack of attack. :D Two can definitely be enough but Glen Johnson is no Leighton Baines good sir.

Are those players your usual side? Hendo and Allen are good BBMs, and Hendo can perform reasonably well as a DLP but you aren't playing either to their strengths, which is really BBM. They seem made for the role, minus a strength deficiency. Having them each flank Lucas in the middle would be a good set-up.

Just my first impressions. My dominant Liverpool dynasty save is similar to this shape but with a DM instead of 3 central midfielders.

My formation is as follows now, although keep in mind the roles have changed over time as my personnel did:

CF(A), DLF(S)

AM(A)

BBM(S) BWM(S)

A(D)

FB(S) CD(D) CD(D) FB(S)

Good luck.

I am currently going through the friendlies in my Liverpool save, so my advice regarding Liverpool isn't going to be spot on, but I can offer a few things of note.

Regarding your tactic overall. Your whole center midfield is defensive minded, although the DLP isn't a defensive role, they aren't going to get in to the box often. I'd advise a B2B midfielder in there, rather than a BWM (s)

Johnson has played better as a wing back support for me, he is a pretty creative player for a defender, plays some useful through balls, although obviously he is okay at crossing and getting up the line too. I think Gerrard plays better as a midfielder in a deeper role now, with Coutinho really should be your AM what ever role you choose (I assume he is injured?) I don't think Allen is good enough to play DLP, not as first choice anyway, few things to think about there.

Suarez plays quite well as a TQ, but it does kind of take away from his work rate, it's a good role to have even though it is described as an attacking role, it is in reality a support role.

Archived