Training intensity

Apart from pre-season where I use a high fitness based schedule (even set individual training focus of every player at all levels to their weakest physical attribute during pre-season) I generally stick to 'average', occasionally 'low' towards the end of a busy season. If I feel there's a need I may have one week of high fitness training during a month long winter break, but only had to do this once in four seasons.

Personally I'd stick to average as much as possible - if you're playing a lot of games and have a very heavy training schedule are likely to see a large increase in injuries - players will also be tired and unhappy with their schedules (the majority of them anyway) so progress will also be stunted from that.

Again it all depends on your situation and which club you're managing...

As my side have been together a number of years and our tactical familiarity etc is already very high I never go above 30 percent match training, and have it as low as possible in the 2nd half of the season.

You might need something completely different though.

Well I use all way to left until all fluid then move right 2 clicks to 30%, I saw some people move to 10% so im confused.

You can set it below 30%, but then you don't have an option to select a type of match prep (what the heck are they doing during that 10 or 20% of the time then??). I do what you do, set it at 30% match prep, then turn the general training focus to heavy and the individual focii to very heavy. Get a few moaners, but most are fine with it.

It all depends on your situation. For instance, if you have great training facilities, your team understanding is very high and you're looking to develop players then having match preperation to a minumum is the way to go. As you're already in tune with your tactics, doing this encourages more general training and thus can help improve players attributs etc.

However, if you have very poor facilities, your players can barely improve or you need to drastically improve your understanding of your tactics then having it as high as possible could give you a little edge, perhaps taking advantage of set pieces etc...

It's about finding the right balance.

As always with FM, there is no right or wrong way ;)

I have general training on low or sometimes medium and individual training all on high during the season. I check the individual training once a month to see if they have progressed and if I want to select something else. The younger the player the more often I train specific attributes. When they get older I tend to train them for the position they (mostly) play in.

Match prep is usually one full day.

You can set it below 30%, but then you don't have an option to select a type of match prep (what the heck are they doing during that 10 or 20% of the time then??). I do what you do, set it at 30% match prep, then turn the general training focus to heavy and the individual focii to very heavy. Get a few moaners, but most are fine with it.

How many injuries you get during season? To me that training workload sounds way too high during season, especially if there are multiple matches in short window of time.

I usually have the following workloads:

Pre season:

Match training at maximum, tactics only.

General training at Very High / Fitness for 4 weeks, then Very High / Team Cohesion for 2-3 weeks.

Inidividual training = none.

No rest before or after match.

During season:

Match training on 30% / Attack Movement (if tactics are fluid).

General training Low / Balanced.

Individual training Heavy / Specific attributes or roles + preferred moves and/or new positions.

Rest after match.

Might be too low maybe, but at least i usually have quite low amount of injuries and the players seem to be developing quite nicely.

How many injuries you get during season? To me that training workload sounds way too high during season, especially if there are multiple matches in short window of time.

Pre season:

General training at Very High / Fitness for 4 weeks, then Very High / Team Cohesion for 2-3 weeks.

During season:

Individual training Heavy / Specific attributes or roles + preferred moves and/or new positions.

Rest after match.

Might be too low maybe, but at least i usually have quite low amount of injuries and the players seem to be developing quite nicely.

I don't have many injuries, just players are easily drained during match, they have around 82-85% condition on half time while AI have 90%.

I have an enormous case of pre-season envy.

My pre season is 3 weeks of resting players that's totally wasted from playing international games all summer.

3 weeks because thats when the finalist, usually most of my team, play the last match.

And several players will pick up injuries if I try anything over average training.

Pre season:

During season:

Rest after match.

This :thup:

What is your setup for u18 training?

Don't know if the question was for me, but i answer anyway :)

I leave that to the U19 manager and/or Head of Youth development.

Why?

For a few reasons. I always bring few of the brightest youth stars in to Senior Squad and let them train there and get as much game time as possible without compromising team performance.

The next best lot is usually loaned to other teams, playing in their senior squads.

So, what i have left in my U19 squad is basically players with not much potential. So, no need to think about their training that much.

Don't know if the question was for me, but i answer anyway :)

I leave that to the U19 manager and/or Head of Youth development.

Why?

For a few reasons. I always bring few of the brightest youth stars in to Senior Squad and let them train there and get as much game time as possible without compromising team performance.

The next best lot is usually loaned to other teams, playing in their senior squads.

So, what i have left in my U19 squad is basically players with not much potential. So, no need to think about their training that much.

Tnx for answer.

Tnx for answer.

My U19 team just beat England U21 team 6-0 (They are all Spanish U21 players), they are all well trained future A team players, all mentored to have excellent mentality, so I sure don't have the luxury of including a full team of players in my A squad and loaning this kind of 4-5 star wonders out, would totally ruin them as they would gain less out on loan than at home, due to having top end training facilities.

I run with a copy of the A teams training, except I allow rest before and after match. All individual training is set to hard, unless I'm also training position/PPM's.

Average/Balance 30% match training.

I barely use Match Prep once all tactics are Fluid - I set it to 0% then. I'd rather my players develop more quickly so that they're useful sooner. Using Attacking Movement, Defensive Positioning, etc... may give you a very slight edge for one match, but if you average more than one match per week your younger players will develop much more quickly without Match Prep, negating that advantage (in my opinion).

The only time I use Match Prep specifically for a match is when I'm the home side in a two-leg tie and away goals matter. Then I'll set Defensive Positioning to max if I think that there is a good chance the other team would score.

Archived