Different types of free kick zone are not easily managed.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set up different free kick takers for different zones using the tactic creator?

What I mean is; at the moment I'm managing Liverpool and I want to have Gerrard looping in free kicks from the sidelines or from deeper positions and I want to have Suarez smashing in shots from free-kicks just outside the box. If I set Suarez as the taker then he ends up taking all types of free kick and frankly unless he's in a shooting position I would rather have him in the box looking to pounce on the ball Gerrard delivers. This isn't something I've had any luck replicating? Any help or advice on how/if this can be done?

Thanks for the reply. Another thing that might be useful is the option to give instructions just before the free kick or pen? There have been numerous times I have wanted someone else to take a pen rather than the guy on the hat-trick or the designated penalty taker. For example someone on for a league top scorer record and my designated taker steps up... it's annoying when it happens, so hopefully something you can look at in future releases?

The first point (regarding the penalty taker changing when someone is on a hat-trick) we're looking into. The latter point, I would say if you wanted a striker going for the top-goalscorer award to take a penalty, then it should probably be pre-set before the penalty is given - as it would be in real life.

I might be making this up, but I sort of remember corner takers taking freekicks that are near the corner flag?

If this is the case, I guess what would be nice is some sort of circle you can drag to define freekick shooting range, but within a decent delivery range. Then either anything outside the shooting defaults to corner takers, or have one person for 'shooting' freekick range and one for delivery range.

Obviously anything in your own half should just be defaulted to the relevant player for that position as it currently is.

The first point (regarding the penalty taker changing when someone is on a hat-trick) we're looking into. The latter point, I would say if you wanted a striker going for the top-goalscorer award to take a penalty, then it should probably be pre-set before the penalty is given - as it would be in real life.

in fairness though, IRL what might well happen is that the usual penalty taker would be nominated if the game was tight, but it the team were already a couple of goals up then they might let the striker going for top-goalscorer take it.

Archived