How to manage economy in the lower leages?

I have started a lower swedish team and have 4 month left of the first season (lowest possible Leage 2 Hudiksvall FF ) the main reinforcement i have is on Attack and Center (did have some great players there also) but now it says I have 4 months left on the contracts of my whole team.

Now when i am doing negotiations for the players i want to keep some of my players likes me i can then go down in salary for those in order to save money for the next year.

However one of my strikers that have perfomed very good for the tactics i am using Requests far too much and if all of my team does this i will break the salary a whole lot, as the club have gotten alot less season tickets then expected and that i have removed unwanted players and staff the club is already struggling with the economy (this seem to be what i do in all my games and are the main reason i get fired when i dont do as well as they expect)

so some questions.

When you begin to negotiate for new contracts for those players you want to keep ? (which in my case, the entire Center in a 4-4-2 system and the wide midfielders)

If you have a good player at the negotiations requires far too much to be able too keep him is there anything you can do without stretching the economy too much (let the board do the negotiating for example )?

i only have about 1.16 thousand per week left of the current salary and the club have stared putting money in the club too keep it going.

what kind of tips do you have for the economy side, (i have no young people not any young 15 yearold or any 21 year old players in my club so filling up empty slots with those i can not do.

Contracts are a nightmare in the lower leagues. Players often only want to sign 1-year contracts and want to renew for ridiculous pay-rises. I'd also be curious to see what people do with contracts in lower leagues.

(Sorry I couldn't help :) )

If you use the padlock against the wages during negotiations you can ask them to request things in different parts of the deal to accept the lower wage (although you risk upsetting them as you 'force them into a corner').

In terms of youngsters, I don't 'KNOW' for Sweden, most teams get in a new intake during the off-season (which is usually when contracts run out). So although they may not be as good, you will likely get enough youth to cover your team if many do leave.

Finally, the game actually has a mechanic to avoid running out of players. If your team literally doesn't have enough players for any match, it generates 'grey' players who are on non-contract terms which you can field. You can even offer these players contracts which are usually very cheap, although they usually aren't good enough to be worth hiring long term.

Extra bit!:

If I desperately want to keep an expensive wage (although usually I prefer to lose them for cheaper) I will go about releasing lesser players (either sell or mutual termination/release) to free up funds in order to cover their wages. But since my team is based on youth, I mostly try and sell players who won't sign new contracts in order to minimise the loss. Usually it's externally signed players (who are often older) that I signed to fill a gap that won't renew 'fairly'. My own youth are usually far more accommodating unless a big team is after them. In those circumstances, it's mostly best to sell them for the most you can get (especially with sell-on clauses for good prospects) as you can always bring in short term cover for less money than a big youth sale :)

Start contract negotiations early. You may have to walk out of negotiations a few times before the player will reduce his demands enough (or maybe he won't and you will lose him anyway). Every time you walk out of the negotiations there will be a period where the player or agent won't renegotiate. So make sure to start negotiations early enough that you can avoid losing the player to free transfer and still have time to negotiate. Don't always look at contract negotiations as just one sit-down with the player or agent. Some times you have to have multiple sessions before you can get a satisfactory deal.

If you use the padlock against the wages during negotiations you can ask them to request things in different parts of the deal to accept the lower wage (although you risk upsetting them as you 'force them into a corner').

In terms of youngsters, I don't 'KNOW' for Sweden, most teams get in a new intake during the off-season (which is usually when contracts run out). So although they may not be as good, you will likely get enough youth to cover your team if many do leave.

Finally, the game actually has a mechanic to avoid running out of players. If your team literally doesn't have enough players for any match, it generates 'grey' players who are on non-contract terms which you can field. You can even offer these players contracts which are usually very cheap, although they usually aren't good enough to be worth hiring long term.

Extra bit!:

If I desperately want to keep an expensive wage (although usually I prefer to lose them for cheaper) I will go about releasing lesser players (either sell or mutual termination/release) to free up funds in order to cover their wages. But since my team is based on youth, I mostly try and sell players who won't sign new contracts in order to minimise the loss. Usually it's externally signed players (who are often older) that I signed to fill a gap that won't renew 'fairly'. My own youth are usually far more accommodating unless a big team is after them. In those circumstances, it's mostly best to sell them for the most you can get (especially with sell-on clauses for good prospects) as you can always bring in short term cover for less money than a big youth sale :)

thank you for the help i do have some of the "grey" players but as they as you said are in a sense "playseholder" i will try to avoid using them i only have one "real" u19 and none at u21 (as the lower "parts" are called if you dont know it is below year 19 and year 21) i will check however who i need and start but having a good but can be improved first 11 team and maybe some backups but no more.

Start contract negotiations early. You may have to walk out of negotiations a few times before the player will reduce his demands enough (or maybe he won't and you will lose him anyway). Every time you walk out of the negotiations there will be a period where the player or agent won't renegotiate. So make sure to start negotiations early enough that you can avoid losing the player to free transfer and still have time to negotiate. Don't always look at contract negotiations as just one sit-down with the player or agent. Some times you have to have multiple sessions before you can get a satisfactory deal.

i did not know this at all i will try this thanks :)

Archived